Indonesia’s coral ban ?

Clownreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One of the sponsors her os advertising Indo SPS coral for sale.

He’s selling frags off of them

Rick5

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I remember paying $75 for wild and maricultured colonies in Northern California in or around 2008. Things have certainly changed based on the pricing of the wild frags posted above. Having that said, I’m in the minority in that between ORA, Adam and hobbyists potentially, I have no use for wild or maricultured SPS. I’m rocking all aquacultured sticks these days, with the exception of one frag that may have been the product of a maricultured chop job completed in the not so distant past.

greekspec2

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I remember paying $75 for wild and maricultured colonies in Northern California in or around 2008. Things have certainly changed based on the pricing of the wild frags posted above. Having that said, I’m in the minority in that between ORA, Adam and hobbyists potentially, I have no use for wild or maricultured SPS. I’m rocking all aquacultured sticks these days, with the exception of one frag that may have been the product of a maricultured chop job completed in the not so distant past.
same here as far back to 2000
Honestly I don't think you will see colonies for sale anytime soon.
you sure about that?

The Aquatic Arsenal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
same here as far back to 2000

you sure about that?
Nope, not at all lol. Just my opinion is all.

The reason why I think the way I am is because orders are not guaranteed to be filled right now. They will ship as much as they can, but they have to wait until a new inventory is taken before the new system will fully be put into affect. I can't wait to until everything is up and running though.

Last edited:

Graffiti Spot

Cat and coral maker
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A lot of those colonies look very rough from shipping or like they were dipped too much. I would not jump to buy frags that small for that much. I remember buying indo colonies for 75 bucks at local shops just before they stopped shipping, other shops had them for more but that was still standard pricing a few years ago. I remember paying 30-40 bucks per when I ordered boxes just before they stopped shipping.

If dr Mac was right then I would guess vendors will be paying 60 per colony now. So that guy is probably making the money back for each piece on average of each frag sold....

Reefahholic

Acropora Farmer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is gonna get crazy. They all gonna order and chop em up. Better know what you're buying.

KristianS

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will be in Bali (indonesia) on honeymoon for 2 weeks this May, and have located a mariculture farm. i am going to look into what it would cost to bring back some in baggage, keep them as fresh as possible without long shipping times. Will definitely need some help on how to do this legally, and how to travel safely.

TerraFerma

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will be in Bali (indonesia) on honeymoon for 2 weeks this May, and have located a mariculture farm. i am going to look into what it would cost to bring back some in baggage, keep them as fresh as possible without long shipping times. Will definitely need some help on how to do this legally, and how to travel safely.

You would have to get CITIES permits and clear them through Fish and Wildlife/Department of Agriculture when you arrive in the US. It's unlikely you will find a farm that will sell to you.

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
hi ,there will be 0 wild corals from indo till 2030 "fact:" is a great thing

fishguy242

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
agree strict regs now!!!

lakai

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is disappointing. It doesn't feel like indo opening again is going to mean that everything that people hated about it being closed is going away. Vendors getting colonies only to chop them all up to sell frags and keeping the prices of frags as if indo was still closed. Don't be surprised things are only going to cost more now that indo is open.

fishguy242

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
true but not 1000$ golden torch heads

stacksoner

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is gonna get crazy. They all gonna order and chop em up. Better know what you're buying.

I wonder if this will be a second opportunity for the LFS to regain relevance by specializing in selling large pieces, which would be their competitive advantage over online shops who can't .
hi ,there will be 0 wild corals from indo till 2030 "fact:" is a great thing

What is your source of information?

fishguy242

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
hi sorry, but is sound,and true ,will be larger pieces,but maricultured,on,slab and tagged,can,t frag a huge bubble

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 74 51.7%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 73 51.0%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 36 25.2%
  • None.

Votes: 31 21.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.3%
Back