Indonesian Gold, Dragon Soul, Dragon Ball... Which Torch Is It?

LostCityOfFishlantis

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all!

I’ve been on the hunt for an Indonesian Torch for some time now. I know they go by different names thanks to so many different vendors and variants.. but I was wondering if anybody knew of any clear indicators that could help me indicate which is which. Here is mine.

E3417B13-631B-4F94-B466-D30E870FA5CF.jpeg

This was sold to me at RAP California over the weekend as a variant of Cornbred’s Dragon Ball Torch. To me, it looks more like your typical Indo Dragon Soul Torch (with that said, is there any difference between an Indo Gold and an Indo Dragon Soul?) I don’t want to discredit the seller, but I’d like to be accurate in what to call it... only to maintain accuracy in the future if I ever decide to propagate it. I would appreciate any and all input on the matter! Thanks!

Purplelobst92

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all!

I’ve been on the hunt for an Indonesian Torch for some time now. I know they go by different names thanks to so many different vendors and variants.. but I was wondering if anybody knew of any clear indicators that could help me indicate which is which. Here is mine.
E3417B13-631B-4F94-B466-D30E870FA5CF.jpeg

This was sold to me at RAP California over the weekend as a variant of Cornbred’s Dragon Ball Torch. To me, it looks more like your typical Indo Dragon Soul Torch (with that said, is there any difference between an Indo Gold and an Indo Dragon Soul?) I don’t want to discredit the seller, but I’d like to be accurate in what to call it... only to maintain accuracy in the future if I ever decide to propagate it. I would appreciate any and all input on the matter! Thanks!
when it all boils down its just a cool torch, these dragon names are getting out of hand, one guy calls it a dbz torch another calls it a dragon soul, dragon eye, when do we draw the line lol

DarthSimon

Team R2R
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is my colony of Dragon Soul.
The dragon soul is actually a pretty distinctive indo torch. It has a yellowish golden Hugh.... Also has aqua blue tips.

1A49FB66-3228-4319-A50F-CF9124AF3FAB.jpeg

DarthSimon

Team R2R
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is a torch craze!!! Honestly I cant' tell you how much I am enjoying it. What's going on here is the Indo Ban unfortunately has driven up the prices on indo pieces. Retailers can't import them any longer.

So what we are doing is home growing them, cutting heads and passing them along.... Prices are up about 500% on certain torches at this point. I can tell you, the Indo Torches are insanely Beautiful. The Aussie torches are nice, but the tentacles stay short and fat. They do get bigger in time, but the Indo's do get longer..

ShaunRobinson

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
when it all boils down its just a cool torch, these dragon names are getting out of hand, one guy calls it a dbz torch another calls it a dragon soul, dragon eye, when do we draw the line lol
This! It’s a torch. A nice torch granted but all these made up names for what is essentially the same coral with a slightly different colour that would look completely different in 2 separate tanks is pushing the joy out of this hobby. See also Bubble Tip Nems. It’s getting silly but I guess if people are gullible enough to fall for it then it’s their money. I just put whatever I like the look of in my tank without feeling the need to chase the latest name that somebody has invented.

Now, who wants to buy one of my Fires of hell mushrooms!

remy1290

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is my colony of Dragon Soul.
The dragon soul is actually a pretty distinctive indo torch. It has a yellowish golden Hugh.... Also has aqua blue tips.

1A49FB66-3228-4319-A50F-CF9124AF3FAB.jpeg

Which are those torches with the more darker blue tips? Very nice!

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 4 50.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 2 25.0%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back