Indonesian Purple Sea Fan (Guaiagorgia Sp.) Tips?

Northwest_Scapes_

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been seeing them pop up a lot on Diver's Den and I've been thinking about getting one soon, but the only problem is there's no info. There's no exact latin name but it seems like they can take bigger particle food? Are there any tips besides high flow / low light for these guys? I'm looking for tips mainly on feeding, I have a rotation of PhytoFeast, OysterFeast, Live BBS, and soon Cyclopeeze, would these work?

Here's a link for the current one on DD: https://www.liveaquaria.com/divers-den/product/552774/indonesian-purple-sea-fan-expert-only

dennis romano

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just snagged the Red Sea fan that Divers Den had for sale. It is going in my NPS tank. What you are feeding is okay. Mine do not like high flow. Moderate flow is okay.

OP
OP
Northwest_Scapes_

Northwest_Scapes_

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just snagged the Red Sea fan that Divers Den had for sale. It is going in my NPS tank. What you are feeding is okay. Mine do not like high flow. Moderate flow is okay.
Oh nice! That Red Sea Fan was a super awesome piece. Also thank you for the confirmation! I think I have spot on the rocks that fits the moderate flow range, definitely adding it to my stock list!

las

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So do you guys run skimmers on the tank for sea fans? I’ve been trying to go skimmerless but the dissolved organics get high and the seahorses don’t like that. So I’m toying with the idea of putting a skimmer on the sea fan tank

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 18 29.5%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 51 83.6%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 10 16.4%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 7 11.5%
  • Other

Votes: 3 4.9%

Back