Inexpensive light suggestions for FOWLR nano tank

yourmom

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello! I have a 20 gallon Long tank (30") which is currently covered with a plastic hood (fear of jumpers*) and basic aqueon stock lighting. It's FOWLR but I might eventually put in some easy corals like mushrooms or green star polyp. I had expected to eventually upgrade the lighting but my bulb went out this morning so I need to replace quickly. I don't want to spend much, ideally less than $100, but I would like something that would function for basic corals if I decide to add them later. I run AI Prime 16 on my display tank, and I love it, but I don't want to spend the money for this tank and I need something that will cover a longer size set-up. Suggestions appreciated!

*I am not opposed to removing the hood, I don't expect to add new fish to this tank and all seem docile now.

nereefpat

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A black box like viparspectra or marsaqua is just what you are looking for.

OP
OP
yourmom

yourmom

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think this is exactly what I need, thank you! I’ll dig into mounting options and get one ordered. Thanks again :)

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 64 36.8%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 33.9%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 14.4%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 26 14.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back