• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Inexpensive Skimmer for 125-200g Tank $225 Shipped

luke33

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a G4000 go aquarium protein skimmer for sale. I purchased it in Oct '16 and used it for a few months. I believe i have 3-4 extra impellers as well as a couple extra power supplies. When I received it I realized they had two flaws with the design after it ran for a couple weeks. The venturi holes were to restrictive and would clog up every week with salt creep. The other flaw was the skimmer was not vented enough. So I ended up modifying the venturi's with 1/4" od venturi nipple's as well as boaring out the vent holes a bit in the lid. When that happened the performance jumped up a ton and the skimmer just started chugging along nicely. Air pull went from 45-50scfh to 60-65scfh and the wattage went from 70w to 60w for both pump's combined. Its a large skimmer and could handle a 125g-200g tank just fine. Only reason i'm getting rid of it is because i am messing around with another skimmer I purchased used, and have modified it with a DC pump.....anyhow, here are the specs and the link to the skimmer. Don't listen to the ratings of the below : ) It works best in 8-9" water level. Skimmer is cleaned and ready to go.(the pump's are DC but NOT controllable). These skimmers go for over $500 on their website fwiw. I can take pics if there is interest.

Manufacturer info

http://www.goaquarium.com/skimmers
  • Rated for tanks up to 660 gallons
  • Dc-2500 pump (2x): 70w, 1300 gal/hr. flow rate
  • Footprint: 12"l x 11"w x 24"h
  • Air intake: 1800 L/hr.
  • Suggested Water Level: 9" - 12"

OP
OP
luke33

luke33

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Let me know if there is any interest as I'm going to fleabay this if not. Its pretty tough to beat a skimmer like this for the price.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 39 32.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 23.0%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 24 19.7%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 25.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back