*INFESTED* Zoa Eating Nudi's, the Battle Begins

Second Shot

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Interesting, I knew what they looked like, the circle pattern, but wasn't sure if when first laid they looked any different. Would love to know what those white dots are then.

Looks like zoa pox

Chelsie

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So something interesting I learned at reefapolooza today. Apparently some people are using interceptor (dog flea and tick) to treat infestations in their tanks. Thought this thread was a great spot to share that info.

OP
OP
CodyRVA

CodyRVA

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So something interesting I learned at reefapolooza today. Apparently some people are using interceptor (dog flea and tick) to treat infestations in their tanks. Thought this thread was a great spot to share that info.

Awesome, thanks for the tip! I haven't continued testing the nudi's themselves, have found a plethora of ways to kill them, the issue is the eggs; salinity still seems to be the best natural route. Do you know if the interceptor kills the eggs, are you supposed to dose to the display or dip, and whats the consistency?

Chelsie

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome, thanks for the tip! I haven't continued testing the nudi's themselves, have found a plethora of ways to kill them, the issue is the eggs; salinity still seems to be the best natural route. Do you know if the interceptor kills the eggs, are you supposed to dose to the display or dip, and whats

Chelsie

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Someone just mentioned he knew one of the vendors dosed her coral holding tanks every so often as a preventative. Doubt it kills the eggs. It's not safe for inverts of course. So best for frag tanks and store use. Not sure of the dosing amount.

Fragzilla

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was told once on good authority that malachite green will kill pretty much any egg from any fish or invert.

I'd like to see someone test that on nudi eggs. If it works then it should be simple case of killing the nudi's then the eggs, but then maybe the malachite green will kill the nudi's and the eggs at the same time?

Back