Infinite Reef's Red Sea S-1000 Build

Infinite Reef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Everyone!

I’ve been a long time lurker on the forum though I dont post much and I’ve always wanted to start a build thread so heres my chance! This S-1000 will most likely be the last tank I will have in a long time as my significant other and I plan on having children later this year. That means I have until then to get the tank set up and on autopilot. I’ve had different variations of a reef for almost the last 16 years ranging from 10 gallons to 100 gallons.

I’ve had quite a few Red Sea tanks over the last few years and with the addition of reinforced corners, eurobrace, and aluminum stand in the new G2 series I think this is a great time to get as large of a tank as possible. With all these improvements and the modern style of Red Sea tanks it was an instant approval from the wife. In all my years of reefing I have only ever had second hand tanks so purchasing one brand spankin new is super exciting!

Heres a few of the tanks I’ve had over the years:

24 Gallon Aquapod
MKxoRbKNnU4EXGRGYCfpuySxT5wfYPhytESnJ3eCCrdwY8gCOUOqtAfnnjDuigLzmJglC1uLdbX9gq3i-nddg5OgsZcybkOdbFZ5XxohKQim7hGpRpL0faXio1gLioS6rqkqL4dMrx-4BncXbQ

Nuvo 30L
mS0pOF24GAv8FYr9XTDURF_wNpEDHRaT462Jqgpt05cTt50HKJrO9kVnHF_Eeha1HK7lzegQI6Vxn0Mf1bv6aavY2apFY2gwBfl7MMl6wzT8Jyr2iEALBM8mjxaKgiLgLeq6EBFAokLSJf5FTA

Red Sea E-260
NQL-oB2V66lbIrFTgmAlCihambVgzFHfyY1a-YMeRL1wWhQRnf0WFOPGsK9vXCwOLVP5eiiXBuyA7y6cKvgX5lnC35xgB4jfcXRpZIol9VFTa3bAy3E-L0w3Mp6_BaPH-hmGNHs9k0MLBuQquQ

Current Tank- Red Sea 525XL
pDj9_M1Ug34mIweiSa4jQvq3XSz6VaRTTMzti9KM1-lymmVPUJR0SebJ7a946y-NzreRJXOrOzz2WbjhEXMAH1PtNQcdjrORtzOEZD3BFyEImOuY7V0A3BS0LXWsRC7oDwulywESlRhAHAKnHA

The tank is ordered and delivery estimate is about a month. This week is going to be shopping and research to figure out what equipment will be going with this tank.

Thanks for following!

Devaji

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
nice! I have the 650P I wanted the S-1000 so bad for a FOWLR but no where to put it. so did talk the other half in to the new G2-300.

from what I have seen of these tanks you are going to love it!
I hope you have some friends that like you tho there heavy...haha

OP
OP
Infinite Reef

Infinite Reef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
nice! I have the 650P I wanted the S-1000 so bad for a FOWLR but no where to put it. so did talk the other half in to the new G2-300.

from what I have seen of these tanks you are going to love it!
I hope you have some friends that like you tho there heavy...haha
Oh Yeah I'm not even going to attempt it. I have the LFS installing it for me

Leslie_Orphek

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Everyone!

I’ve been a long time lurker on the forum though I dont post much and I’ve always wanted to start a build thread so heres my chance! This S-1000 will most likely be the last tank I will have in a long time as my significant other and I plan on having children later this year. That means I have until then to get the tank set up and on autopilot. I’ve had different variations of a reef for almost the last 16 years ranging from 10 gallons to 100 gallons.

I’ve had quite a few Red Sea tanks over the last few years and with the addition of reinforced corners, eurobrace, and aluminum stand in the new G2 series I think this is a great time to get as large of a tank as possible. With all these improvements and the modern style of Red Sea tanks it was an instant approval from the wife. In all my years of reefing I have only ever had second hand tanks so purchasing one brand spankin new is super exciting!

Heres a few of the tanks I’ve had over the years:

24 Gallon Aquapod
MKxoRbKNnU4EXGRGYCfpuySxT5wfYPhytESnJ3eCCrdwY8gCOUOqtAfnnjDuigLzmJglC1uLdbX9gq3i-nddg5OgsZcybkOdbFZ5XxohKQim7hGpRpL0faXio1gLioS6rqkqL4dMrx-4BncXbQ

Nuvo 30L
mS0pOF24GAv8FYr9XTDURF_wNpEDHRaT462Jqgpt05cTt50HKJrO9kVnHF_Eeha1HK7lzegQI6Vxn0Mf1bv6aavY2apFY2gwBfl7MMl6wzT8Jyr2iEALBM8mjxaKgiLgLeq6EBFAokLSJf5FTA

Red Sea E-260
NQL-oB2V66lbIrFTgmAlCihambVgzFHfyY1a-YMeRL1wWhQRnf0WFOPGsK9vXCwOLVP5eiiXBuyA7y6cKvgX5lnC35xgB4jfcXRpZIol9VFTa3bAy3E-L0w3Mp6_BaPH-hmGNHs9k0MLBuQquQ

Current Tank- Red Sea 525XL
pDj9_M1Ug34mIweiSa4jQvq3XSz6VaRTTMzti9KM1-lymmVPUJR0SebJ7a946y-NzreRJXOrOzz2WbjhEXMAH1PtNQcdjrORtzOEZD3BFyEImOuY7V0A3BS0LXWsRC7oDwulywESlRhAHAKnHA

The tank is ordered and delivery estimate is about a month. This week is going to be shopping and research to figure out what equipment will be going with this tank.

Thanks for following!
Your progression has been positive, well done.

OP
OP
Infinite Reef

Infinite Reef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So here's the shopping list of what I hope to stock the tank with. I wont be reusing any of the rock from the current tank with the exception of one rock that is just too nice to let go. Some Red Sea equipment will be re-used though as I have most of their products. The only concern that I have is the return pump. I currently have a Varios 6 which I never touch the controls and adjust water flow using the drain valve. It seems unnecessary to spend double for a controllable pump.

Equipment:
Tank: Red Sea Reefer-S 1000
Skimmer: Curve 5 (Old Tank) maybe RSK 900 at some point
Lid: Clear View Lid
Flow: 3x Red Sea Reefwave 45
Lights: 2x Orphek Icons, 1 Kessil A500X
Return Pump: SICCE Syncra ADV 9.0 (2500 GPH)
Roller: Reefmat 1200
Doser: Reefdose 4
CRX: GEO 618
Frag Tank: Reefled 90

Live Stock:
From Current Tank-
Midas Blenny
Flame Angel
Magnificent Foxface
Purple Tang
Sailfin Tang
Hippo Tang
Clownfish Pair (Will be placed in sump area)
Blue Star Leopard Wrasse
Black Spotted Leopard Wrasse
Ornate Leopard Wrasse
Pintail Wrasse
Mandarin Goby (Male)

New Additions:
Achilles Tang
Gem Tang
Harlequin Tusk
Choats Leopard Wrasse
Chevron/White-Tail Bristletooth Tang
Blue Spotted Jawfish

If I get an insane amount of Acros:
Orange Spotted Filefish

OP
OP
Infinite Reef

Infinite Reef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lights came in today! 2 Orphek Icons and I'll get a Kessil A500X later on. Can't wait to set it up assuming my tank ever gets delivered... I was given an ETA of a month but it looks like that isn't gonna happen. My LFS even said the Reefmat is so popular they might not have stock for quite a while.

20220526_161539.jpg

20220526_161512.jpg

At this point I don't even care how the corals will look under the orpheks. The fixture itself is gorgeous both on and off. It's so different than the standard black cube look of other brands.

Big thanks to James @Orphek for helping me do the preorder deal.

Also got a Reefdose 4 while I wait for the S-1000 to arrive. I'm getting a bit impatient waiting for the tank that I'm setting up equipment on my current one.

OP
OP
Infinite Reef

Infinite Reef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Finally got the news that the tank will be arriving the following week. Super excited to get this tank set up as the wife has been nagging me to get it done so she can have her living room back.

Spent the last few days getting the aquascaping done using a mixture of random rock, Marco rock, and a shelf rock I think is made by Carib-Sea.

20220613_164845.jpg

I considered going with NSA aquascape like everyone else but I really just don't like that kind of style. Decided to go with something similar to the Reef Builders episode with Evan Luo. The idea of growing coral to look similar to a bonsai tree is intriguing. It also provides a lot more spots for the fish to hide. There's a lot of nooks for the fish to slide into.

20220613_164826.jpg

20220613_164810.jpg

OP
OP
Infinite Reef

Infinite Reef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tank is finally here! I had the local LFS do the install for me due to an injury while working out. Super surprised they managed to move the tank and install with just two people. I was a bit worried at one point the box might slam into my car though.

20220710_093126.jpg

20220710_094643.jpg

VideoCapture_20220725-010207.jpg

OP
OP
Infinite Reef

Infinite Reef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did a quick run through of the new tank and all the surprising additions they made to the new line of tanks. The most interesting was the metal lip right under the tank that supports the over hanging glass. Also they braced not only the top but the bottom of the tank as well!

DakotahSteel

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is awesome! Mine gets installed on Friday! I’ve got some pictures of the caribsea life rock that I’ve picked for it.

8D11FA42-3893-4592-BD99-F356963C3C94.jpeg
Question for you though… the harlequin tusk. I want one so badly but I’m worried about killing smaller fish and urchins. I could care less about hermits and snails…

OP
OP
Infinite Reef

Infinite Reef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is awesome! Mine gets installed on Friday! I’ve got some pictures of the caribsea life rock that I’ve picked for it.

8D11FA42-3893-4592-BD99-F356963C3C94.jpeg
Question for you though… the harlequin tusk. I want one so badly but I’m worried about killing smaller fish and urchins. I could care less about hermits and snails…

Those new caribsea rocks are super nice! I bought one for this build too.

From what I've seen from others a Harley usually gets harassed by other fish and not the other way around. I actually plan on introducing mine before any other fish so it doesn't get bullied. It'll definitely eat and urchin though LOL

DakotahSteel

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Those new caribsea rocks are super nice! I bought one for this build too.

From what I've seen from others a Harley usually gets harassed by other fish and not the other way around. I actually plan on introducing mine before any other fish so it doesn't get bullied. It'll definitely eat and urchin though LOL
Yeah I’ve got two trees of different height, the mega arch, this cave looking thing and some smaller island for some softies I don’t want taking over. May not use them all I honestly don’t know yet

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 42 48.3%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 46 52.9%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 20 23.0%
  • None.

Votes: 22 25.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 10.3%

Back