Initial Fill tds

Codfather_az

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So, I'm ready to start my initial fill and my rodi is lost in the shipping world somewhere. Wondering if zero tds is really truly needed? my local walamart has ro water and its reading is 5. Wondering if that's safe or do I truly need rodi water with a zero reading?

Zer0

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
5 is okay honestly. And once you get the ro/di unit and you start doing water changes, it will eventually get diluted out to 0, assuming your unit does indeed produce 0 tds water.

OP
OP
Codfather_az

Codfather_az

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
5 is okay honestly. And once you get the ro/di unit and you start doing water changes, it will eventually get diluted out to 0, assuming your unit does indeed produce 0 tds water.
well I mean I sure hope it does! I just figured the Di is more for the benefit of the coral, I just wanted a second opinon more or less. Plus I figured even with a tds meter theres always a chance its missing a few ppm and who really knows if its ever really truly zero.

Gp!

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nobody can answer that for you since TDS doesn't tell you what it is, only that it is there. I hope it isn't uranium although glowing fish sounds fun

OP
OP
Codfather_az

Codfather_az

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nobody can answer that for you since TDS doesn't tell you what it is, only that it is there. I hope it isn't uranium although glowing fish sounds fun
ha! yeah ill end up with that simpson fish with three eyes

monkeyCmonkeyDo

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I set my tanks up initially with tap garden hose water yes. Its usually 30-40ppm or ppt.
Just top off with ro or rodi water please to avoid any future problems.
D

Back