Initial Review of FijiCube AIO 10G

MONTANTK

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently purchased the FijiCube 10G AIO from BRS since it’s currently on sale. I figured I’d post a short initial review.

The first thing that really stuck out to me is just how large the back compartments are. I haven’t measured them but they’re by far bigger than what you get with an IM tank. It does take away from the display but it’s nice to know you can fit a wide array of equipment back there without worrying if it will fit.

The first compartment is for the filter sock. It comes with a nice little holder for the sock but I believe it can also be replaced with a media basket. The drop off into the sock is kind of far so you do hear a quiet trickle of water but nothing that would irritate someone sitting nearby. Honestly any small amount of noise will drown it out.

The second chamber is very large and could probably be used for anything from probes, to reactors, to a skimmer. I don’t see a reason why a media basket couldn’t be put in the middle chamber either. I’m currently not running anything but I’m sure that will change.

The third chamber is obviously for the pump. The one they supply (small sicce) pushes quite a bit of water and would be more than enough for a mixed reef. You could also upgrade to something larger with ease. I let out a major sigh of relief when I plugged it in and didn’t hear any noise. Seems like every other AIO tank has come with a really noisy pump.

Overall, this is probably the best bang for the buck AIO I’ve come across. Normal price is around $180 I believe but I got mine for $140. It’s also a little wider than most 10g AIOs which is a nice benefit. It creates the appearance of more space. The glass is a little thin but there are no doubts regarding its structural integrity. Really looking forward to building out this tank.

50990B27-993D-4D69-AD66-728620EC81D2.jpeg
692D800E-CF8F-4BA8-B202-ADD16C529C4E.jpeg

Wreckage Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Which return pump is in the unit? I am looking for a return pump to use for my AIO kit for my 40B that I bought from them. I noticed they now have their own branded DC return pumps and was curious if anyone has had any experience with them yet.

OP
OP
MONTANTK

MONTANTK

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Which return pump is in the unit? I am looking for a return pump to use for my AIO kit for my 40B that I bought from them. I noticed they now have their own branded DC return pumps and was curious if anyone has had any experience with them yet.
It’s not the DC pump. I wasn’t aware they did that so I’ll have to look into them!

ninjamyst

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For $150 I rather get an used IM20 or a new fluvial evo 13.5.

The lost of display space is ridiculous. For such a small tank you really don't need a lot of equipment so the back chambers are wasted space.

Thanks for the review. Now I know to stay away from this tank.

TangerineSpeedo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love mine! For filtration I use a 13.5 fluval sponge in the first compartment, I also cut down a florescent grid and stuck that in the filter sock holder for floss. Mid compartment is a heater, Eshopps Nano skimmer and a handful of small ceramic bioballs, because I had some extras and didn’t know what to do with them, third chamber is a Sicce 0.5 pushing the water and I also changed out the line-loc with a 'Y' one. MP10 running on lagoon at its lowest setting. Lit by AI prime and a bit of sun in the morning. All the frags are going in my 40 cube once I finish that set up I think I will just keep the RBTA in there with the clowns and Zoas, Just to keep all my Palytoxins in one space.
IMG_9410.jpeg

IMG_9375 2.jpeg

IMG_9410.jpeg

OP
OP
MONTANTK

MONTANTK

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

The lost of display space is ridiculous. For such a small tank you really don't need a lot of equipment so the back chambers are wasted space.

Honestly I’d much rather have this over one of those. I’ve had several IMs and I’ve always struggled fitting everything in the back. Plus with the 10 gallon it’s more of a cube so you lose a lot of space. This is more rectangular so you can fit a little more in it

OP
OP
MONTANTK

MONTANTK

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love mine! For filtration I use a 13.5 fluval sponge in the first compartment, I also cut down a florescent grid and stuck that in the filter sock holder for floss. Mid compartment is a heater, Eshopps Nano skimmer and a handful of small ceramic bioballs, because I had some extras and didn’t know what to do with them, third chamber is a Sicce 0.5 pushing the water and I also changed out the line-loc with a 'Y' one. MP10 running on lagoon at its lowest setting. Lit by AI prime and a bit of sun in the morning. All the frags are going in my 40 cube once I finish that set up I think I will just keep the RBTA in there with the clowns and Zoas, Just to keep all my Palytoxins in one space.
IMG_9410.jpeg

IMG_9375 2.jpeg

IMG_9410.jpeg
Really nice tank! I think I’m definitely going to add one of their inserts and swap it out for the filter sock. The middle chamber will probably just be for probes ones I add a hydros

TangerineSpeedo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I strongly disagree. the large chambers rock, and sometimes its not all about the display space. i do have a 13.5, which the price on that is ridiculous considering you are throwing away just about everything that comes with it. The width on the Fiji cube is really nice, the IM10 is much more narrow which hampers the aquascape.
Also I think the thickness of the glass is pretty thick for a 10g it is the same as my Waterbox 16g

TangerineSpeedo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Really nice tank! I think I’m definitely going to add one of their inserts and swap it out for the filter sock. The middle chamber will probably just be for probes ones I add a hydros
Also I forgot to mention, An ATO is your friend on this tank. I use a Reef breeders ATO because I had an extra. I cut a dime size hole in the 3rd chamber vinyl on the side with a I think its a gallon tall skinny "Mason Jar" with a IKEA bamboo lid on it. I probably go thru at least a Gallon a week of RODI

OP
OP
MONTANTK

MONTANTK

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also I forgot to mention, An ATO is your friend on this tank. I use a Reef breeders ATO because I had an extra. I cut a dime size hole in the 3rd chamber vinyl on the side with a I think its a gallon tall skinny "Mason Jar" with a IKEA bamboo lid on it. I probably go thru at least a Gallon a week of RODI
I plan on adding that one to this tank. I have one on my other tank and I’ve been really impressed with it so far

Back