OP
OP
Injoynit

Injoynit

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got a new torch coral addition from the same place as last time http://www.extremecorals.com hope this one keeps the color.
e-2-09-15-1.jpg

I also ordered some Yellow Head Jawfish from the LFS. They fresh water dip and treat with copper and then make sure the fish are eating before they sell them. Best part is if I don't like the look of them I don't have to buy them. They just cost a little bit more but worth it so I can see what I'm getting and support LFS. (Yellow head jawfish below are not the actual fish I'm getting)
yellowhead-jawfish.jpg

Have yet to see the nudibranches and still have aptasia not being eaten. I'll wait another month order some of the big ones and try one more time.

OP
OP
Injoynit

Injoynit

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
March Update

Finally got 2 of my four Yellow Head Jawfish (1 died at the LFS, they had the 3 in with a large lawnmower Blenny who was harassing them)
They are settling in and seem to be doing good.
I'll get a pic when they decide to show themselves for more than a split second. :rolleyes:

Also adding a UV sterilizer from coralife (turbo-twist x12 - 36watts) to help with keeping the water clearer.

TX_Punisher

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just ordered 8 nudibranches to kill my aptasias as it was getting difficult with the aptasia-X. One just wouldn't die, kept retreating into rock. I've spotted about 10 now so we will see how the nudibranches do.
http://saltyunderground.com/product/1-4-inch-berghia-nudibranch
14 berghia.jpg

I started with 2 small nudis and many aptasia. It took about 2-3 months but now I cannot find a single aptasia. I did see one huge nudi on the glass a few mornings ago. I'd probably pick them out and trade them back to the lfs as their food source is about gone.

OP
OP
Injoynit

Injoynit

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
April Update:
Added a new octospawn to the DT.
IMG_0700.GIF

Aptasia are still a problem so looks like I'm going to add 2 peppermint shrimp next.

OP
OP
Injoynit

Injoynit

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
May update:
Added two peppermint shrimp that are hiding out most of the time and do not seem to be interested in any aptasia at the moment. I'm keeping a watch though.
Added two more Yellow Head Jawfish but one did not make it. My LFS does not seem to get that they should be kept in their own little space without any other fish to reduce stress from shipping since they tend to lose 50% and then tell me they don't do well with shipping. But this is after watching the last two be put together with an aggressive lawnmower blenny and two other fish in a 8" x 8" space. Well I was able to save one more, so now I have 3 of them.
Looking to add a diamond goby next.

OP
OP
Injoynit

Injoynit

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
August Update:
The 2 peppermint shrimp had to be removed. They did not eat any aptasia and after getting hungry they ate 2 heads off my torch coral. Can't blame them for being hungry, but once they get a taste of the coral then they got to go.
Diamond goby was added and he is quite a character when competing for burrows and sand with the Jawfish. He purposely buried one jawfish but the jawfish is fine and they seem to get along now.
Also added 7 new corals.
6 Goniopora and 1 Walt Disney SPS
Goniopora Pack.jpg Walt Disney Tenuis.jpg
Also sent out IPC test for the one year testing.
I will follow up with the results and a new tank shot.

OP
OP
Injoynit

Injoynit

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1 Year Update:

Tank and all the electronics are doing great!
IPC results were good, no problems (Forgot about the tank shots)
I still have 5 of the 5 clowns (1 jumped through a 1/4 slot in the back of my netted top)
I have 3 of the 4 Jawfish (1 died within a week and 2 are now a mated pair.
Still have a diamond goby.
Have Touch and Certh snails (Certh snails breeding ALL the time)
Had a large flatworm kill off half of my torch coral before I could get it (seems the peppermint were not the problem).
Had to remove 3 of my 10 hammer coral heads due to brown jelly before it recovered.
Lost 4 of the Gonis and the Walt Disney. (I messed with turning up the UV and I think that is what killed the Walt Disney. Started to turn white and I fixed the UV but think it was too late as algae is starting to grow on it.)
Aptasia is starting to get out of control so bought 25 nudies to see if they can help in the next few months.
Everything so far is good. I will post updated pics, and close ups, as soon as I can (Don't have a great camera).

OP
OP
Injoynit

Injoynit

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Torches keep dying. Have not figured out why yet. No critters that I can see. The only two things it might be is either I'm not feeding them directly and they need it so after a few months they wither away and die or I have them in a bad flow area with too much flow, but I think I need to feed them directly like an anemone.
Gonioporas did not last more than a few months also. Don't think I was ready for those.
Octospawn had brown jelly and did not make it.
Walt Disney (New) and the Hammer Corals are doing great.
Added a Copperband butterfly who wiped out my aptasia and is doing great. Has no fear and eats everything, in fact is always the first one to chow time.
Purchased a few corals below from my first live sale with WWC and the live sale was fine. Noticed people just buy everything even if they know nothing about the coral they are buying. I tend to be somewhat picky so only look for a few things. WWC looks like they don't tend to sell the good stuff very cheap for a live sale, but oh well.

Copperband Butterfly.gif

ANR34-33-157_1800x1800.jpg

Jello Shot

ANR45-18-732_1800x1800.jpg

Firework Cloves

ANR45-56-132_1800x1800.jpg

Lemon Cloves

OP
OP
Injoynit

Injoynit

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Adding a few more corals.
The Lemon coral does not look like it made it. It's been 2 days and no polyps. :(
Adding:
B18GorgeousCristata-RetailPrice_99_SALEPRICE_40_720x.png

Cristata (Bubble coral family)
ElectricTipsDuncan-RetailPrice_79_SALEPRICE_55_3_720x.png

Electric Tipped Duncans
ASDFacinationGalaxea-RetailPrice_199_SALEPRICE_50_720x.jpg

Fascination Galaxea
SonicsNeonGalaxea-RetailPrice_49_SALEPRICE_30_7d4b6df4-53b5-4422-bd38-763b83af759c_720x.jpg

Sonics Neon Galaxea

Going to make a garden of Galaxea's on one end of my tank.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 145 88.4%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.5%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 7 4.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.8%
Back