Injury or brook/velvet?!?!

tundraguy1106

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey,
So I just noticed these 3 pale areas on my Randall’s anthia. It’s been through QT. 30 days of copper after a fresh water dip and ruby reef bath. I also at one point dosed metro to the QT during the 30 days of copper. I also fed general cure with focus mixed food for 2 weeks. I added that batch of fish to my DT the first week of September. He’s still out and about swimming around and breathing normally. Kind of looks like his mouth is open all the time too. Might just be my paranoia but I’m freaking out that this might be brooklynella. I did just add my latest batch of fish from my QT (2 bellus angels and a golden Midas blenny. It could be an injury from new addition aggression but I don’t know. I’ve attempted to catch him to throw back in my QT but i was unable to. What do you guys think? The pictures aren’t great but I’ve circle the questionable areas. I would think with all the meds and treatments this fish has had that Brook/ velvet would not be possible. It’s also been in my tank for 3 months with no issues. I appreciate any and all input!!

3A34ACEC-8CE0-4680-848B-103CEA0DB7D9.jpeg 8EC88309-5C83-450E-8A04-D1C686A7461C.jpeg 4ACAEEAF-B2FD-4B88-94D3-36EA12663A8D.jpeg 4AE12318-9EE5-4C34-9714-D62CCFB52FDB.jpeg

OP
OP
T

tundraguy1106

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 120 gallon tank 4x2x2 with the following livestock

Kole tang
True percula clownfish pair
2 Bellus angel females
Golden Midas blenny
1 lyretail anthia female
And 1 Randall’s anthia

None of the other fish have any marks on them. The kole tang always gets injuries but heals very quickly.

The Randall’s anthias talefin is also a little bit torn. That makes me think it’s all injury and not disease.

Big G

captain dunsel
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Blennies can be real jerks. My Starry Blenny darn near killed my pink spot goby before I separated them in the 20 gal QT with some egg crate and 1/4" mesh. He would even bite at the mesh to try to get through to the goby. But now that they are in the 90 DT he completely ignores the goby and the other fish. Fish are weird. :rolleyes:

OP
OP
T

tundraguy1106

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Blennies can be real jerks. My Starry Blenny darn near killed my pink spot goby before I separated them in the 20 gal QT with some egg crate and 1/4" mesh. He would even bite at the mesh to try to get through to the goby. But now that they are in the 90 DT he completely ignores the goby and the other fish. Fish are weird. :rolleyes:
I literally just added my Midas blenny today and that’s when I noticed the pale areas on the anthia. My Midas blenny was pretty good in the QT with the 2 bellus angels. Always out and about and never seemed to bother them. He’s already out and about after only being in the display tank for a few hours.

Big G

captain dunsel
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I literally just added my Midas blenny today and that’s when I noticed the pale areas on the anthia. My Midas blenny was pretty good in the QT with the 2 bellus angels. Always out and about and never seemed to bother them. He’s already out and about after only being in the display tank for a few hours.
They seem to get riled up by fish that have the same or close to the same shape.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 95 88.0%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 5.6%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 4 3.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.8%
Back