Injury or disease?

melypr1985

totally addicted
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Aw. so cute! I only have the one boy who really finds pleasure in hitting the tank and watching the fish scatter. I think I almost have him broke of that behavior.... almost. lol These kids

OP
OP
kkgaskin90

kkgaskin90

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sounds familiar! Poor fish. I sneak up behind the kids and clap right next to their ear when they do it, then say "you didn't like that, did you? It was loud and scary. That's what the fish hear when you slap the tank. Please don't do that again!"... So far it's working!

melypr1985

totally addicted
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sounds familiar! Poor fish. I sneak up behind the kids and clap right next to their ear when they do it, then say "you didn't like that, did you? It was loud and scary. That's what the fish hear when you slap the tank. Please don't do that again!"... So far it's working!

I'm going to try that!!! Genius!!

OP
OP
kkgaskin90

kkgaskin90

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok, so today the fins on the largest look... Tattered? I've done Kanaplex and Furan-2, so should I assume it's from them pestering each other?

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok, so today the fins on the largest look... Tattered? I've done Kanaplex and Furan-2, so should I assume it's from them pestering each other?

Very possible. You might want to use a tank divider to separate them, and see whether or not symptoms persist. Maybe somebody isn't being nice and playing well with others? ;)

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 20 31.3%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 52 81.3%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 10 15.6%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 7 10.9%
  • Other

Votes: 3 4.7%
Back