Injury or disease?

TMC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My Gramma has a line of meaty white stuff (not spots like ich) that looks like an injury my Magnificent Foxface scraped himself up pretty good one day when everything came back on all at once after a power failure and freaked him out and it kinda looks like that you can see it just a little in the picture she just wont sit still for me so hard to get a close up its right behind her fin.
Injury.jpg

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

Uncle99

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If your fish is not experiencing any changes whatsoever in behavior, I’d go with bite mark, however the pic is very small.

OP
OP
TMC

TMC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
T
hi ,the more info the better for the experts when they arrive.
#fishmedic
Tank started in November 21 nothing has been added since January have not had any other fish affected she seems to act perfectly normal eating well swimming normal not flashing or scratching. I use a 25 Gal. sump with filter sock and Coralife skimmer DT is 75 Gal.
Ph: 8.1
Salinity: 1.026
Alkalinity: 8.5
Calcium: 480
Nitrate: 4
Phosphate: .06
Magnesium: 1350
Temp: 78.9
Ammonia and Nitrite undetectable

OP
OP
TMC

TMC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If your fish is not experiencing any changes whatsoever in behavior, I’d go with bite mark, however the pic is very small.
That is what I'm leaning toward I have a pair and they do get a little grumpy with each other from time to time not too bad tho but would rather ask for help than loose the tank. It is really hard to see from the picture she just won't cooperate no matter how much I scold her

OP
OP
TMC

TMC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any fish in there that could injure it?
Better pics would help but it looks like an injury to me.
Another Gramma, a pair of Damsels, a pair of regular Ocellaris Clowns and a pair of Black Ocellaris Clowns I'm really leaning toward injury too they Grammas will pick on each other occasionally and the damsels will pick on each other every once in a while too but do not bother the others they keep it in the family lol none of the clowns bother anybody.

Uncle99

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is what I'm leaning toward I have a pair and they do get a little grumpy with each other from time to time not too bad tho but would rather ask for help than loose the tank. It is really hard to see from the picture she just won't cooperate no matter how much I scold her
Had a similar mark on my purple orchid dottyback.
In the same spot.
Took 4 weeks but totally repaired on its own without any intervention by me.
Good luck.

OP
OP
TMC

TMC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Really appreciate everybody's help I'm still VERY new to this and and freaked out a bit but it does look like the scratch's that the Foxface gave himself when he had a meltdown and almost jumped out of the tank just hard for me to be sure since I think I know less now than in November when I got the setup.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
While the tail looks like a product of aggression, the dorsals and mouth appear to have fungus infection and will need to be treated in a seperate quarantine tank using seachem Neoplex which address fungal and bacterial issues.

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Another Gramma, a pair of Damsels, a pair of regular Ocellaris Clowns and a pair of Black Ocellaris Clowns I'm really leaning toward injury too they Grammas will pick on each other occasionally and the damsels will pick on each other every once in a while too but do not bother the others they keep it in the family lol none of the clowns bother anybody.
Royal gramma don’t always get along well so it could be that it’s fighting with the one gramma. damselfish can also be pretty aggressive. One thing you should do the picture was not super clear - go online and look up lymphocytis and see if the pictures of that resemble that. Grammas are prone to that.
Jay

OP
OP
TMC

TMC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Royal gramma don’t always get along well so it could be that it’s fighting with the one gramma. damselfish can also be pretty aggressive. One thing you should do the picture was not super clear - go online and look up lymphocytis and see if the pictures of that resemble that. Grammas are prone to that.
Jay
Nope doesn't look like that. I will try and get it in a QT tomorrow and maybe be able to get a better picture

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 35 31.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 23.9%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.6%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back