InkBird 306A WiFi Issue

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Pakman2

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve purchased the Inkbird 306A temperature controller. I’ve installed it using two heaters. My issue is that I’m having difficulties try to add the product to my phone app and connecting to the WiFi. The router that I have is a Netgear Nighthawk. The problem is that the router automatically chooses with channel you use between 2.4ghz or 5ghz. It won’t allow you to split or create two logon options. So when I use my phone to connect the Inkbird, my phone automatically connects to 5ghz which won’t allow it to connect to the controller. Are there any ways around this?

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You need 2.4Ghz WiFi, there’s no way around this currently. My router has both with different logins for each, so my phone uses the 2.4GHz WiFi network (for the Inkbird and a few other devices that also need 2.4Ghz) and 5Ghz for everything else in my house.

OP
OP
P

Pakman2

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You need 2.4Ghz WiFi, there’s no way around this currently. My router has both with different logins for each, so my phone uses the 2.4GHz WiFi network (for the Inkbird and a few other devices that also need 2.4Ghz) and 5Ghz for everything else in my house.
Is there a laptop app available? My laptop automatically goes to 2.4ghz.

OP
OP
P

Pakman2

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is there any way to change the router setting?
I contacted the router manufacturer and they stated that the router cannot be split and will not allow which channel (2.4 or 5ghz) to choose. The router decides for you. That’s why I’m looking for a work around other than buying a new router.

INKBIRD_official

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I contacted the router manufacturer and they stated that the router cannot be split and will not allow which channel (2.4 or 5ghz) to choose. The router decides for you. That’s why I’m looking for a work around other than buying a new router.
Have you tried adding the device in AP mode?

INKBIRD_official

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
@Inkbird _Official No I have not tried adding the device in AP mode. Can you explain to me how that works? Does it require that the phone be connected to 2.4ghz band WiFi?
Add device in AP mode:
1. Plug the device in the socket and make sure that the device is in the APConfiguration State (the LED symbol is flashing slowly, interval flashing1500ms).
2. Click "Confirm indicator slowly blink" and then select Wi-Fi network, enter Wi-Fi password, click “confirm" to enter the connection process.
3. Press "Connect now" and it will go to your WLAN Setting in your smartphone, select the "SmartLife-XXXX" to directly connect to the router without putting in the password.
4. Go back to the app to enter into the automatic connection interface.
1624593818555.png

fancy_fish101

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Add device in AP mode:
1. Plug the device in the socket and make sure that the device is in the APConfiguration State (the LED symbol is flashing slowly, interval flashing1500ms).
2. Click "Confirm indicator slowly blink" and then select Wi-Fi network, enter Wi-Fi password, click “confirm" to enter the connection process.
3. Press "Connect now" and it will go to your WLAN Setting in your smartphone, select the "SmartLife-XXXX" to directly connect to the router without putting in the password.
4. Go back to the app to enter into the automatic connection interface.
1624593818555.png
Each time I try, I get to the connecting state and then it stops blinking all together?

fancy_fish101

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, are you saying that there is no flashing after connecting to WIFI? This is normal and indicates that it is connected. Can you control it on the app?
Once I connect to the ink bird wifi it stops flashing and won’t connect after. I’ve had this issue for a while now and really getting mad plz help.

INKBIRD_official

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Once I connect to the ink bird wifi it stops flashing and won’t connect after. I’ve had this issue for a while now and really getting mad plz help.
Please read this thread and it will help you do some troubleshooting.
Please contact our Support Team at [email protected] if you have further questions.
Thanks!

carmodpg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the exact same issue. Mine was connected for months, and now I am dealing with this. Nothing has worked for me.

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 42 48.3%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 46 52.9%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 20 23.0%
  • None.

Votes: 22 25.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 10.3%

Back