Inkbird ITC-308 Wifi is a Cheap, Wireless Dual Temperature Thermostat

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Reef Builders

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Inkbird ITC-308 is one of the most trusted thermostats for dual control of temperature, and we just discovered that there’s a wireless version! Having been released about a year ago, the Inkbird ITC-308 Wifi gives users more precise control of both the heating and cooling needs of your aquarium (or brewing, or chickens, or […]
Source

Continue reading...

Adamantium

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Only thing I would suggest for anyone using this in a reef is to plastidip the probe. Otherwise, it can rust over time.

Inkbird actually makes one specifically for aquariums with two probes, both made of plastic. Not sure if it’s wireless, or not.

Fishingandreefing

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Only thing I would suggest for anyone using this in a reef is to plastidip the probe. Otherwise, it can rust over time.

Inkbird actually makes one specifically for aquariums with two probes, both made of plastic. Not sure if it’s wireless, or not.
I had one for almost two years and it supposedly made out of steel or titanium. No visible rust. I purchased a second one but I didn’t see the one that was coated with plastic.

lagoon360

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had one for almost two years and it supposedly made out of steel or titanium. No visible rust. I purchased a second one but I didn’t see the one that was coated with plastic.

I had one with a metal probe that eventually failed. Inkbird sent me a new plastic probe that I installed and it works again.

lagoon360

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had one failed on me too but the probe was not rusted. Was yours metal probe rusted?
It wasn't very visibly rusted but it was a little pitted and I could see where water probably infiltrated between the metal and plastic parts.

czynot

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
the metal probe are stainless. Stainless do rust depending on the grade of stainless used.
Inkbirds temp probe can be easily change out if you are handy. Just purchase the plastic coated probe from inkbird and swap it out.
Best way to do it is to purchase a female headphone jack from inkbird and a plastic probe.

take 10 min to do this mod. Open 4 screw on the back.

lagoon360

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
the metal probe are stainless. Stainless do rust depending on the grade of stainless used.
Inkbirds temp probe can be easily change out if you are handy. Just purchase the plastic coated probe from inkbird and swap it out.
Best way to do it is to purchase a female headphone jack from inkbird and a plastic probe.

take 10 min to do this mod. Open 4 screw on the back.

That's pretty much what they sent me for the warranty but without the jack. I just opened it and spliced the black and white wires together and the new probe seated in the case just like the old one.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back