OP
OP
InkedReefLady

InkedReefLady

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lol, 1st AIO brought in 3 years ago, I worked for them as Waterbox was being born. They were going to pitch the tank, as it had old logo, so I took it home and it's been running since. 24x24x21 AIO .5" starphire, but this one jointed with clear silicone. I happen to love this tank design, lol. I no longer work for Deepwater/ Waterbox, but keep a close eye on the company's progression, they seem to be gaining traction in the market. Congrats on the new setup :)

AH, I just realized that you have the build thread in your signature. I'm going to go review it more thoroughly.

OP
OP
InkedReefLady

InkedReefLady

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lol yup that's about all where known for. But was just curious nice to meet other Michigan reefers.

I hear you! A friend of ours just got back into the hobby. We were toying with the idea to have informal meetings at a local brewery up our way to exchange info, maybe frags and see where it goes. I miss having real time conversations with people. Forums are great, but lack the old skool communication aspect.

jordan10

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I hear you! A friend of ours just got back into the hobby. We were toying with the idea to have informal meetings at a local brewery up our way to exchange info, maybe frags and see where it goes. I miss having real time conversations with people. Forums are great, but lack the old skool communication aspect.
Yea I know what ya mean just to even have some one to come over and help who know what there doing. And that sound cool. I know I have know friends that are in the hobby. So when I talk to them about it they just think of what a wast of money. Lol but let me know if you guys ever find a meeting spot!

OP
OP
InkedReefLady

InkedReefLady

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yea I know what ya mean just to even have some one to come over and help who know what there doing. And that sound cool. I know I have know friends that are in the hobby. So when I talk to them about it they just think of what a wast of money. Lol but let me know if you guys ever find a meeting spot!

Will do! It will probably be up in the Howell area (we have quite a few breweries) so if you're up for the drive, I'll let you know!

OP
OP
InkedReefLady

InkedReefLady

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
any updates on the tank? just ordered one of these!
Sorry, I am just seeing this post now. Been a heck of a year. :) Still loving this setup. Just added on a Reef Octopus 110SSS skimmer to the sump. I'm glad I did not go any bigger since it would have not fit.

I also added in a few more anemones, a pink tux urchin, an algae blenny, and a lettuce sea slug.

Mangroves are growing up and producing leaves. I had to thin the mangrove herd a few weeks ago since some were just not viable.

Pics to follow shortly.

OP
OP
InkedReefLady

InkedReefLady

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Everyone is still waking up and stretching their fins. :)

20201204_090415.jpg
20201204_090502.jpg

20201204_090437.jpg

jdubya

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
nice, any new tank photos?

i've had one in storage for months been waiting to setup, hows the sump holding up? ive heard some ppl say the ato section is too small

OP
OP
InkedReefLady

InkedReefLady

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
nice, any new tank photos?

i've had one in storage for months been waiting to setup, hows the sump holding up? ive heard some ppl say the ato section is too small

Not since the end of the year. Sump is fine. A little tight and the ATO reservoir is a bit small. Since it's cold up here and the humidity is low, the ATO runs out a lot faster than I would like, but c'est la vie. Everyone is happy and healthy and the mangroves keep growing, so I can't complain!

Back