Innovation Marine NUVO 120gal AIO opinions

RRTOUSIG74

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any suggestion, comments Ect. are welcomed. I am looking at buying a Innovation Marine NUVO 120 AOI. I cannot find many reviews on this setup. Im hoping someone can give me the pros and cons soon, as I plan to go look at it today. I’m currently running a Flex 32.5 and I’m assuming this is just a gigantic flex. I know the downfalls of not having a traditional sump with protein skimmer ect… my concern is how often will water changes be required not having that traditional gear with one blue hippo, a Sailfin two clowns and two pajamas + a ton of corals. I really don’t plan on many more livestock. My goal is to keep a low maintenance tank as I do travel and vacation often. Hens, another reason I like the idea of a AIO as it is “potentially” a safer option for less to go wrong plumbing wise. Thoughts?

A014F7B8-3DEC-423E-A0AB-41FE576BEE06.jpeg

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Water changes will still be the same, ie: 10% every 1-2 weeks. The biggest downside with an AIO is the smaller sump space really limits you insofar as equipment is concerned. You will definitely need an ATO because it will be running our of water constantly.

There's not really any "safer" option where water is concerned. The only thing you can do is try to manage it with regular equipment maintenance, monitoring and sensors to trigger cutoffs.

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 11 8.5%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 44 34.1%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 41 31.8%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 31 24.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.6%
Back