Innovative Marine 170 INT Planning and eventual Build Thread

kazshell

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you ever get the reefmat 500 installed? I have the same sump and I was looking for a way to get the reefmat in it before I buy one.

OP
OP
R

ReddingReefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you ever get the reefmat 500 installed? I have the same sump and I was looking for a way to get the reefmat in it before I buy one.
Not yet, I am still putting everything together but with a skimmer and UV sterilizer, I'm leaning towards not getting one at the moment

kazshell

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not yet, I am still putting everything together but with a skimmer and UV sterilizer, I'm leaning towards not getting one at the moment
To bad the sump wasn't built with an upgrade to a roller from socks in mind. Nice looking build, your def taking more time planning it than I did with mine. I have a 200ext and wish I had gotten the INT model instead, the overflow space between the wall is too large.

Dburr1014

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
To bad the sump wasn't built with an upgrade to a roller from socks in mind. Nice looking build, your def taking more time planning it than I did with mine. I have a 200ext and wish I had gotten the INT model instead, the overflow space between the wall is too large.
I've read a lot of reviews on the int and ext. It seems the int tanks wished they went with the ext. The back overflow wall is hard to clean in that small space.
The ext owners wish they went with the int because of the problem you said.
The water is always wetter in the other side of the reef it seems.
Me personally will want the ext for the space and access to the plumbing.

OP
OP
R

ReddingReefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Control board taking place and tank is filled! Finally taking shape after almost 1 year to date from order. Other components will be moved from my SR60 once this tank is established like the 2 other XR15s and the Varios2 return to run the sterilizer independent from return line.

(Still lots of labeling and stuff to do but took a quick glamour shot)

Attachments

• IMG_7928.jpeg
    IMG_7928.jpeg
    165.8 KB · Views: 63
  • IMG_7930.jpeg
    IMG_7930.jpeg
    136.8 KB · Views: 63

RevMH

Happy Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking great so far. Be sure to keep us in the loop on whether or not you decide to do a roller mat. It's the one thing holding me back from this sump.

OP
OP
R

ReddingReefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking great so far. Be sure to keep us in the loop on whether or not you decide to do a roller mat. It's the one thing holding me back from this sump.
In all honesty, I’ll probably not add one. The sump would be possible if you plumbed the drain line into the second chamber. You could do like a uni seal or something. The chambers are very large. I’ll update some sumo pics tomorrow.

RevMH

Happy Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In all honesty, I’ll probably not add one. The sump would be possible if you plumbed the drain line into the second chamber. You could do like a uni seal or something. The chambers are very large. I’ll update some sumo pics tomorrow.
That's wonderful. Thank you. You've definitely given me a different angle to investigate!

OP
OP
R

ReddingReefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome setup! What was your experience moving the tank? I have a flight of stairs to navigate. Just ordered my 170.
Hey! I luckily had my contractor move the tank to my house with an excavator (roughly 300 ft from street to porch).

From there it took 4 adults with 6 suction cups holders to move 25 ft and then up on the stand.

It’s a very heavy tank! The glass is almost ¾” thick on all side and almost 1” on the bottom. It’s also very large so going up a flight of stairs will be hard unless it’s a straight shot.

It’s an awesome tank though!
IMG_8382.jpeg

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 41 32.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 29 22.7%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 19.5%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 33 25.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back