Innovative Marine 20g Drop Off Build

Erichk

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is my first time posting here, but I thought it would be cool to have a build thread for a new tank I’m getting up and running so I can go back and look at how it has progressed.

I have always wanted a drop off tank and when I saw this one pop up on Craigslist I couldn’t pass it up.

Tank: Innovative Marine Drop Off 20g AIO
Light: (for now) Current Orbit IC LED
Filtration: Media basket with filter floss and carbon
Filter sock
Stock return pump

My plan is to have the top portion of the tank covered in Green Star Polyp to look like grass and the bottom portion to have sand. I have the rocks glued together to form an overhang with one rock coming up from the bottom to act as a ladder for hermit crabs. I still have no idea what I want to stock in the tank but was thinking a species specific tank.

Let the cycle begin!

6415AD95-B609-41AF-823B-FA1E7B977C5E.jpeg B0A254C2-76E9-4319-A1EF-ABE67C63E356.jpeg

OP
OP
Erichk

Erichk

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Following along to see what happens with this tank!

Species specific sounds intereseting - like an anglertank or something?

Yes! I was thinking about an angler, my only concern is keeping up with live food if I can’t get it to switch over to frozen. I was also considering seahorse/pipefish since I know you can buy them already eating frozen food. I am also open to suggestions for something unique!

OP
OP
Erichk

Erichk

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m still waiting for the tank to cycle but decided to upgrade some of my equipment. I ditched the filter sock and replaced it with the Innovative Marine Aquashield UV sterilizer. I also got an Intank Fuge basket and Chaetomax LED light. Hopefully the cycle ends soon so I can start adding things!

466138D3-5BBE-41C5-B381-DC59FD4FA9A1.jpeg

jcolliii

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Let me know what you think about their UV - the price is right and I was thinking about picking one up for future (hopefully not ever) possible dynos...

OP
OP
Erichk

Erichk

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Let me know what you think about their UV - the price is right and I was thinking about picking one up for future (hopefully not ever) possible dynos...
I have had it in for about 5 days now and have not noticed much of a difference. The tank has a lot of algae and cyno that does not seem to have gotten any better. My girlfriend might try and grow a culture from my nuvo 10 and then switch the UV sterilizer into it and see how effective it is but the amazon order with supplies isn’t scheduled to be here until May due to everything going on right now. If we end up doing that I’ll get back to you on the results!

OP
OP
Erichk

Erichk

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s been awhile since I last updated this thread. I ended up getting the newest version of the tank so instead of starting a new thread I figured I would just continue this thread.

Current equipment:
2 media holders with filter floss, marine pure spears, and carbon
MightyJet return pump on wave mode
AI Prime light for now until I figure out a mount for my Hydra 52

Current stocking:
2 designer clowns (Elmar and Moo)
1 neon goby (ecko)
Derasia Clam (Clamala Anderson)

158E2CA5-68DF-47AF-B957-B1A0455D6622.jpeg

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 116 87.9%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.1%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 3.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.3%
Back