OP
Kathy Floyd

Kathy Floyd

ktfloyd01
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Love this! My newest tank arrives on Wednesday! Following everyone for the new tank refreshers haha.

I hate filter socks already, and I'm only using one in my tiny pico tank. I only have 1 though, so it's a pain to remove it, clean it, and reinstall it on my own time table. It's honestly really not THAT bad. It's just not as easy as a roller or tossing old media and putting in new. :)
Did you get your tank?

OP
OP
Kathy Floyd

Kathy Floyd

ktfloyd01
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I did! She's hanging out in the garage right now. I have to move the 55gal where she'll take over first. Haven't had much time to tackle that this week, but should make some headway this weekend!
That's what I had to do too. It was a project, but glad it's over.

OP
OP
Kathy Floyd

Kathy Floyd

ktfloyd01
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Tank is cycled but hitting some bumps. I have two refractometers and both were so off. My calibration fluid was bad. Still need to slowly lower the salinity in the old tank before transferring.

Don't have the bracket yet for the new AI light, so wondering if the bracket for the 16 will fit. Or, do I just use my old light until I get the bracket?

Going to add a couple of corals first to see how they do, then add the clowns. Will take the media from the old filter to add to the new one for additional bacteria so the new tank can keep up with the additions of the fish, plus will also move the LR over.

Mainly, I am just really frustrated with my refractometers. Had one calibrated and by the time I got back home, it was off again!

OP
OP
Kathy Floyd

Kathy Floyd

ktfloyd01
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Got everything transferred over. Only one fish loss, my high fin goby :(

My rocks came apart during transfer so I will glue them back down together later after everything settles a bit.

Need to upright the clam too.

Attachments

• 20230207_144519.jpg
    20230207_144519.jpg
    190.8 KB · Views: 121
OP
OP
Kathy Floyd

Kathy Floyd

ktfloyd01
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I was really happy with my flow in the tank, but then I started to see some brown spots starting. Added two wavemakers and I just am not happy with it. I don't know if maybe I should just try one or move both. I also noticed the back of the tank getting 'dirty'.
I am also picking up dropped corals. I think I'm using a lot of super glue, maybe not?

tbrown

Nominated Cronie Intern - Might be failing?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I was really happy with my flow in the tank, but then I started to see some brown spots starting. Added two wavemakers and I just am not happy with it. I don't know if maybe I should just try one or move both. I also noticed the back of the tank getting 'dirty'.
I am also picking up dropped corals. I think I'm using a lot of super glue, maybe not?
I feel like I use a lot of super glue too, but my urchin doesn't think I use enough...

Mschmidt

Average Maybe
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I feel like I use a lot of super glue too, but my urchin doesn't think I use enough...
they will argue that point to their dying breath. which if you use super glue right, could be quickly... I do not condone this behavior.

steveschuerger

I love Gonis and Euphyllia. Maybe too much
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah tanks looking really good. My only question-why does your tank look so much larger than mine. I mean , they are the same size, right?

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 99 87.6%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 5.3%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.7%
Back