OP
Kathy Floyd

Kathy Floyd

ktfloyd01
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I'm watching the tank closely as I have had a couple fish deaths recently. Lost my flameback angel and have no idea why as he was doing great the night before and then in the morning was dead. Lost a Royal Gramma also. My alk was low but brought it back up. Watching another because I am not sure if I am seeing ich starting. However, treating to err on the side of caution.
Clam and corals are doing great. I love the tank. I just have to figure out how to keep the back with the pumps clean.

pandaparties

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm watching the tank closely as I have had a couple fish deaths recently. Lost my flameback angel and have no idea why as he was doing great the night before and then in the morning was dead. Lost a Royal Gramma also. My alk was low but brought it back up. Watching another because I am not sure if I am seeing ich starting. However, treating to err on the side of caution.
Clam and corals are doing great. I love the tank. I just have to figure out how to keep the back with the pumps clean.
That's a bummer on the fish, especially because they always seem hardier than coral! Hopefully it's not an infection. Anything stand out on their body? The reefmedic guys here have some good answers typically if you make a post and tag them. Glad everything else is going good!

OP
OP
Kathy Floyd

Kathy Floyd

ktfloyd01
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
That's a bummer on the fish, especially because they always seem hardier than coral! Hopefully it's not an infection. Anything stand out on their body? The reefmedic guys here have some good answers typically if you make a post and tag them. Glad everything else is going good!
Yes. I have been trying to get a good picture. Tiny spots on the top fin. :(

OP
OP
Kathy Floyd

Kathy Floyd

ktfloyd01
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hopefully the video comes through.

Attachments

• 20230308_113112.mp4
    22.7 MB
  • Screenshot_20230308_113039_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20230308_113039_Gallery.jpg
    115.4 KB · Views: 59
OP
OP
Kathy Floyd

Kathy Floyd

ktfloyd01
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Well, not a good update. My fish have something going on. Could be a combination of things, so they are in a copper Q tank right now, all except for the Wrasse. I cannot catch him/her. It darts under a big rock and stays there for hours. I can't really move the rock without messing up the whole structure. I probably had to re-glue half the corals just from trying to catch the tang.
Needless to say, I am worried about the fish, the tank, and especially the Q tank they are in. I had no time to set up a cycled Q tank so I am going to do water changes which means I have to watch the copper level very closely. And, just when everything was going so nicely. Sigh.

Mschmidt

Average Maybe
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, not a good update. My fish have something going on. Could be a combination of things, so they are in a copper Q tank right now, all except for the Wrasse. I cannot catch him/her. It darts under a big rock and stays there for hours. I can't really move the rock without messing up the whole structure. I probably had to re-glue half the corals just from trying to catch the tang.
Needless to say, I am worried about the fish, the tank, and especially the Q tank they are in. I had no time to set up a cycled Q tank so I am going to do water changes which means I have to watch the copper level very closely. And, just when everything was going so nicely. Sigh.
Sorry to hear that. Can you pull media from your display for qt?

OP
OP
Kathy Floyd

Kathy Floyd

ktfloyd01
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
So, I got some bottled bacteria and added it to the Q tank. I think I finally got the copper where it needs to be. I was so unprepared for this, it stressed me to the max. In total, I lost both clowns, a royal gramma, & tailspot goby. I had better luck in smaller tanks but have no one to blame but myself as I didn't quarantine the last fish I added and that is the one that did it. It was the last fish I was going to add.
I am still treating the DT with kick ich but I don't think it is doing much. I have a wrasse that darts under the rock when he sees me coming. Even though he is still in the DT, he is still alive. I noticed a couple spots above his eye yesterday and today those are gone. He still has one remaining spot on the top of his. Not a true fallow tank now and all I want to do is wish I could start over (the right way).

OP
OP
Kathy Floyd

Kathy Floyd

ktfloyd01
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
It's been a bit, but after seeing @steveschuerger tank looking so good, I needed to update. My Tomini and Foxface are still in QT, a couple more weeks to go. I started doing more water changes and also adding Phyto. What a difference! I have been pulling hair algae, and now it's minimum. The corals are happy looking now.
I sent off an ICP test just to know and be sure of what is and isn't in my tank. Once I get those results back, I will feel better on moving forward and how to proceed.
I will post a tank pic later. (at work now).

Rennurdoar

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
It's been a bit, but after seeing @steveschuerger tank looking so good, I needed to update. My Tomini and Foxface are still in QT, a couple more weeks to go. I started doing more water changes and also adding Phyto. What a difference! I have been pulling hair algae, and now it's minimum. The corals are happy looking now.
I sent off an ICP test just to know and be sure of what is and isn't in my tank. Once I get those results back, I will feel better on moving forward and how to proceed.
I will post a tank pic later. (at work now).

Glad things have turned around a little for you! Did you ever get your ICP back? Have things continued to improve? Hopefully all is well!!

OP
OP
Kathy Floyd

Kathy Floyd

ktfloyd01
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Glad things have turned around a little for you! Did you ever get your ICP back? Have things continued to improve? Hopefully all is well!!
Thank you! I did get the ICP back. It was low in iodine and showed a smidge of aluminum?

How is everything going on your end?

Rennurdoar

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Thank you! I did get the ICP back. It was low in iodine and showed a smidge of aluminum?

How is everything going on your end?

Went downhill a little, but picking back up now! Lost most SPS, but all LPS are still doing great! Interestingly, that's exactly what my ICP showed lol. Do you run seachem matrix? That's where I think my aluminum came from possibly.

OP
OP
Kathy Floyd

Kathy Floyd

ktfloyd01
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Went downhill a little, but picking back up now! Lost most SPS, but all LPS are still doing great! Interestingly, that's exactly what my ICP showed lol. Do you run seachem matrix? That's where I think my aluminum came from possibly.
That's what my friend thought to, but I don't run it. It might come from the alkalinity I dose. I have to check what's in it.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 43 35.5%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 25 20.7%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.4%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.4%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 25.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.3%
Back