Innovative Marine 60 AIO

Kathy Floyd

ktfloyd01
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Merry Christmas to me.. Just ordered an Innovative Marine AIO 60g. Going to add new live sand, existing live rock with a little more added. I want to do this nice and right. Going to add a Photonv2 32 light. *** considering Noopsyche instead?
Three quick questions, I want to get some sort of monitoring system, would love to have it monitor ph & alk. Not sure what an Apex jr is or if there is something different? For a cheaper price, beginner?
2 - New to 'filter socks', how do they work?
3 - I want to definitely get an ATO systemp. Recommendations?

It should ship sometime mid January so I have a couple weeks to prepare. Help/Advice is appreciated. Thanks :)

Last edited:

billyocean

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use the felt socks but whatever micron size you want is up to you. Get multiple socks so you have extras to switch out in between cleanings. My sump holds 2 socks and I have 14. As far as an ato...tunze is my favorite but others can guide you on different options. Exciting times ahead!

Edit
Any reservoir for the top off water can work..cheap and functional or show off and functional...as long as it holds water and doesn't leech you're good

pshootr

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Merry Christmas to me.. Just ordered an Innovative Marine AIO 60g. Going to add new live sand, existing live rock with a little more added. I want to do this nice and right. Going to add a Photonv2 32 light.
Three quick questions, I want to get some sort of monitoring system, would love to have it monitor ph & alk. Not sure what an Apex jr is or if there is something different? For a cheaper price, beginner?
2 - New to 'filter socks', how do they work?
3 - I want to definitely get an ATO systemp. Recommendations?

It should ship sometime mid January so I have a couple weeks to prepare. Help/Advice is appreciated. Thanks :)
Congratulations, a 60 gallon AIO sounds like a great middle ground from nano to large.

OP
OP
Kathy Floyd

Kathy Floyd

ktfloyd01
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Which ATO do you think would be best out of these? Or none....

ohioreefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the duetta top off on my Waterbox 20 and I also have one going on my 49gal lagoon. They work perfect.

I would look at Intank for media baskets and ditch the filter socks, if it were me. I had some 3d printed for the 49 gal lagoon because intank doesnt make any for it yet

steveschuerger

I love Gonis and Euphyllia. Maybe too much
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the Photon v2 32 inch and they’re really nice solid lights. The only knock I have against them is there’s no Bluetooth app , but thats a minor quibble. And you’ll love the IM tank. I assume it’s the SR60. A few things I’ve found with the tank-
The four outlets and 2 maxi jet pumps are pretty good and offer some flexibility for pulseless vs. pulsed flow with the control pads.
I am using a Nero 5 and a repurposed pump from my Biocube as extra flow.
You might consider a hang on refugium for the back as I have. I put chaeto and a few snails and hermits with a few small pieces of live rock in it. Swapped out the sock for more media and I intend on getting a caddy for it in near future. Lastly, enjoy the new tank! It’s a great choice.

OP
OP
Kathy Floyd

Kathy Floyd

ktfloyd01
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I have the Photon v2 32 inch and they’re really nice solid lights. The only knock I have against them is there’s no Bluetooth app , but thats a minor quibble. And you’ll love the IM tank. I assume it’s the SR60. A few things I’ve found with the tank-
The four outlets and 2 maxi jet pumps are pretty good and offer some flexibility for pulseless vs. pulsed flow with the control pads.
I am using a Nero 5 and a repurposed pump from my Biocube as extra flow.
You might consider a hang on refugium for the back as I have. I put chaeto and a few snails and hermits with a few small pieces of live rock in it. Swapped out the sock for more media and I intend on getting a caddy for it in near future. Lastly, enjoy the new tank! It’s a great choice.
Yes, it is the SR60. Thank you so much for your feedback. I also plan on using my wavemakers for extra flow. I got the skimmer to go with it, but what kind of refugium do you have? Also, I thought it came with a caddy? I know quite a few people said to get one in place of one of the socks. If that is the case, I will get one for sure.
I got the notification today that it is in and getting ready to ship :)

steveschuerger

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, it is the SR60. Thank you so much for your feedback. I also plan on using my wavemakers for extra flow. I got the skimmer to go with it, but what kind of refugium do you have? Also, I thought it came with a caddy? I know quite a few people said to get one in place of one of the socks. If that is the case, I will get one for sure.
I got the notification today that it is in and getting ready to ship :)
It comes with a fully stocked caddy and a sock. I’ve given up on socks recently and have decided to go with 2 caddies, one on each side. The InTank is a nice choice for a second caddy and I intend to get one myself. This is the refugium I got - Medium AquaFuge2 Hang on Back Refugium with LED Lighting System - CPR Aquatics. At Bulk Reef Supply. Holds approximately 3 gallons. Got originally for a Nuvo Pro 30l. I know you’ve seen my build thread so I won’t bother to throw any pics in. And yeah the delivery for both IM tanks I’ve had was quicker than the estimated delivery.

OP
OP
Kathy Floyd

Kathy Floyd

ktfloyd01
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
It comes with a fully stocked caddy and a sock. I’ve given up on socks recently and have decided to go with 2 caddies, one on each side. The InTank is a nice choice for a second caddy and I intend to get one myself. This is the refugium I got - Medium AquaFuge2 Hang on Back Refugium with LED Lighting System - CPR Aquatics. At Bulk Reef Supply. Holds approximately 3 gallons. Got originally for a Nuvo Pro 30l. I know you’ve seen my build thread so I won’t bother to throw any pics in. And yeah the delivery for both IM tanks I’ve had was quicker than the estimated delivery.
Thank you! Curious though, why are people ditching the socks?

steveschuerger

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you! Curious though, why are people ditching the socks?
Cause they’re a PIA. They get dirty quickly and need either constant replacing or cleaning .

OP
OP
Kathy Floyd

Kathy Floyd

ktfloyd01
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Finally got the tank up and running to cycle. I have the filter sock, heater, grounding probe, skimmer, and rack with carbon and filter media in the back. Live Sand, and some live rock. Will ghost-feed for a couple of weeks, add some media from the current tank, test, and then hopefully will be ready to move everything over.

Mschmidt

Average Maybe
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Advice from someone who didn't do it this way, put the coral and fish somewhere they will be fine for a while. Then move rock and sand over.

OP
OP
Kathy Floyd

Kathy Floyd

ktfloyd01
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Advice from someone who didn't do it this way, put the coral and fish somewhere they will be fine for a while. Then move rock and sand over.
I have new sand. Not taking any from the old tank. Going to ghost feed for a bit and then take the live rock (and corals) and move it into the new tank, then the fish.

LeannaBanana

Fishies and Frenchies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Love this! My newest tank arrives on Wednesday! Following everyone for the new tank refreshers haha.

I hate filter socks already, and I'm only using one in my tiny pico tank. I only have 1 though, so it's a pain to remove it, clean it, and reinstall it on my own time table. It's honestly really not THAT bad. It's just not as easy as a roller or tossing old media and putting in new. :)

OP
OP
Kathy Floyd

Kathy Floyd

ktfloyd01
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Love this! My newest tank arrives on Wednesday! Following everyone for the new tank refreshers haha.

I hate filter socks already, and I'm only using one in my tiny pico tank. I only have 1 though, so it's a pain to remove it, clean it, and reinstall it on my own time table. It's honestly really not THAT bad. It's just not as easy as a roller or tossing old media and putting in new. :)
Thanks! I'm always so nervous when starting over/new.

I hear that a lot about socks, I'm sure my mind will be on the same track in about 6 months. LOL

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 32 17.8%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 31 17.2%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 33 18.3%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 76 42.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.4%
Back