Innovative Marine Love???

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

newbreefer316

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have anything like the drop down Red Sea Nozzles that will work with Innovative Marine tanks? I'm not a big fan of the spin streams and am looking for something to replace them with on my next build.

Vivid Creative Aquatics

Upgrade Your Flow!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks, that will work once it gets back in stock. I was on their page looking for a 1 piece unit like the Red Sea but I'm guessing that this would end up being pretty similar.
@Bulk Reef Supply should be fully restocked. But they go quick so move fast ;-)

Mjl714

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have anything like the drop down Red Sea Nozzles that will work with Innovative Marine tanks? I'm not a big fan of the spin streams and am looking for something to replace them with on my next build.

What is it you don’t like about the spin streams, so far they’ve worked great for me.

Vivid Creative Aquatics

Upgrade Your Flow!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What is it you don’t like about the spin streams, so far they’ve worked great for me.
We think the spin stream is a good product and well made, but the main complaint we have seen from users of the the Spin Steam is that it can sometime get stuck. To be fair, this does not happen to everyone who who uses that product, but because it does have moving parts, it is a potential issue.

The Random Flow Generator Nozzle on the other hand has no moving parts and can create a similar flow pattern as the spin stream. Plus, as an added benefit, the RFGs flow pattern is more randomized so detritus has less of a chance to settle on the sand and in the rocks.

Here's a Flow Upgrade video we did on a IM Nuvo Fusion 20

droob99

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i hope to try. do I have to use LOC-LINE DROP ADAPTER? or can i just put Nozzle directly to the intake?

Vivid Creative Aquatics

Upgrade Your Flow!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i hope to try. do I have to use LOC-LINE DROP ADAPTER? or can i just put Nozzle directly to the intake?
For the Nuvo Fusion series and earlier models, you'll need the adapter, or you'll need to add some loc-line between the inlet and the nozzle. The reason being is the RFG nozzle needs to be fully submerged to function properly.

For the new Nuvo EXT and i believe INT, those models will come standard with genuine loc-line fittings , which means you wont need an adapter for those tanks.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 44 35.5%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 27 21.8%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.3%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.3%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.2%
Back