Innovative Marine Nuvo 30L Club/Index/Resource Thread

jazzfisher

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have one gyre, and the stock return pump (not the mighty one). I have my gyre on 10% in that video and it looks like a ton of flow
Yes, I think you found how to twist them (each side) pointing more up or down. I vary the flow between the plus & minus mostly the 10 or 20. It does take a bit of experimenting with how to set it. I would turn your a bit more toward the surface so it doesn’t hit the bottom so hard. Again I’m no expert just speaking from my own experience and no help from anyone. I’ll see if I have a video that will upload.

jazzfisher

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, I think you found how to twist them (each side) pointing more up or down. I vary the flow between the plus & minus mostly the 10 or 20. It does take a bit of experimenting with how to set it. I would turn your a bit more toward the surface so it doesn’t hit the bottom so hard. Again I’m no expert just speaking from my own experience and no help from anyone. I’ll see if I have a video that will upload.
tried to upload but video wouldn’t load all the way

Zoajohn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Yeah I tilted it up to the top. Very surprised by the flow given the size of the pump. Almost seems like it’d be tough for fish to swim in? I changed the flow to minus 10 this morning to see if that’s a little gentler

Your video might be too long can try taking a shorter one

Colinadam80

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Could use some advice.

Have the newer 30L with the new mesh cover. 3 weeks ago my Helfrchi Firefish went MIA, he ended up in the rear middle chamber.
Earlier this week my yellow Coris Wrasse went carpet surfing.
The mesh spacing with the newer design is spaced too far away for fish that are prone to jumping.

I bought new mesh that is smaller spaced. Has anyone ripped the old mesh out and put in new?

I guess I am worried about screwing up the stock and not having anything, because I cant find anywhere that sells replacement 30L covers. I somewhat tried to pry the gasket out of there and couldn't tell if it was glued in.
My Sunday is going to be great.....

jazzfisher

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can buy kits and/or parts on Bulk Reef Supply, Saltwater Aquarium or Marine Depot etc. also there are several companies that make custom. You can add a door and pick your netting etc. ococtoaquatics.com or Clearvue lids.
I had a dartfish jump thru luckily landed in a bucket of water! But haven’t had any others. Knock on wood!
Good Luck!

Colinadam80

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks!
I didn't see a kit that really covers the 30L. I started to pry the old gasket out and quit quickly, it was falling apart on me.
Bootlegged some newer 1/4" mesh over the top of the current.
Didn't know of those two sellers that customize lids, thanks for the info, going to go that route!

20191110_142247-01.jpeg

Last edited:

rruby0528

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Seems as though this tread has died but thought I would post anyway. Just purchased a used Nuvo 30L from Craigslist with stand and 2 return pumps with media basket and filter socks. Been out of the hobby for years and wanted to get back in with something easier to maintain. Still trying to figure out a lighting system without breaking the bank along with an ATO as I hear these tanks have quite a bit of evaporation. Bought some dry rock from a LFS and playing around with my aquascape. I like the idea of 2 islands and I dont plan on keeping many corals as of now that will probably change as with everything in this hobby.

Fish Tank.jpg

Zoajohn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Seems as though this tread has died but thought I would post anyway. Just purchased a used Nuvo 30L from Craigslist with stand and 2 return pumps with media basket and filter socks. Been out of the hobby for years and wanted to get back in with something easier to maintain. Still trying to figure out a lighting system without breaking the bank along with an ATO as I hear these tanks have quite a bit of evaporation. Bought some dry rock from a LFS and playing around with my aquascape. I like the idea of 2 islands and I dont plan on keeping many corals as of now that will probably change as with everything in this hobby.

Fish Tank.jpg
I’d consider adding more rock for more surface area for coral placement, you will likely want to add more so I’d plan for it lol.

I run two Hydra 24 HD’s for sps, and these can be found for cheap now since they’ve released the new models. You would also be fine with two primes though, and can be had even more cheap looking at classifieds here.

I have two tanks with two different ATO’s. I have the reefbreeders on my 13 and the autoaqua on my 30L. Both work great, though I think the reefbreeders might be cheaper

jazzfisher

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good Choice! I absolutely love my 30 L! I did get the IM ATO although it's a bit expensive--you can lessen the cost by choosing a different pump and reservoir. I do really like the IM reservoir - it's easy to refill.
If you are interested, I just got new lights last week (did break the bank) so I have my Current USA lighting system I was probably going to sell. In great condition with all hubs including 2 wave pumps. With the depth of the tank being so shallow, I have hammer torches, mushrooms & other softies with no problem. It is a good starter light unless you are going directly for SPS. PM me if you are interested.
And congrats on your tank!

rruby0528

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’d consider adding more rock for more surface area for coral placement, you will likely want to add more so I’d plan for it lol.

I run two Hydra 24 HD’s for sps, and these can be found for cheap now since they’ve released the new models. You would also be fine with two primes though, and can be had even more cheap looking at classifieds here.

I have two tanks with two different ATO’s. I have the reefbreeders on my 13 and the autoaqua on my 30L. Both work great, though I think the reefbreeders might be cheaper

I have several peices of dry rock left over I just felt like it made the tank to small if I added to much. I have seen some great aquascapes though and might have to play around with mine some more before getting it wet. Ill have to check out the two ATO's that you mentioned. Theres so many different ones out there and they seem overpriced for what they really are.

rruby0528

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good Choice! I absolutely love my 30 L! I did get the IM ATO although it's a bit expensive--you can lessen the cost by choosing a different pump and reservoir. I do really like the IM reservoir - it's easy to refill.
If you are interested, I just got new lights last week (did break the bank) so I have my Current USA lighting system I was probably going to sell. In great condition with all hubs including 2 wave pumps. With the depth of the tank being so shallow, I have hammer torches, mushrooms & other softies with no problem. It is a good starter light unless you are going directly for SPS. PM me if you are interested.
And congrats on your tank!

I had looked into the IM ATO but it seems that they stop working after several months from the titanium prongs deteriorating because of the saltwater. Have you had any issues? Also sent you a PM on the light system.

Zoajohn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I have several peices of dry rock left over I just felt like it made the tank to small if I added to much. I have seen some great aquascapes though and might have to play around with mine some more before getting it wet. Ill have to check out the two ATO's that you mentioned. Theres so many different ones out there and they seem overpriced for what they really are.
I honestly think more rock makes it look bigger. My scape goes from end to end

jazzfisher

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had no issues with the ATO/prongs. Actually BRS just mentioned them in one of their videos about ATOs (in a good way).
I have aquascape from end to end too.

rruby0528

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We have water! But no ammonia to get the cycle started so I have to figure out what I shall do lol. Does anyone have a fuge box laying around they would like to get rid of? What is everyone running in the media basket? I was going to do filter floss, bio stones, and chemi pure on one side. Any suggestions?

Tank Wet.jpg

Mjl714

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We have water! But no ammonia to get the cycle started so I have to figure out what I shall do lol. Does anyone have a fuge box laying around they would like to get rid of? What is everyone running in the media basket? I was going to do filter floss, bio stones, and chemi pure on one side. Any suggestions?

Tank Wet.jpg
Beautiful system.

jazzfisher

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I run Chemipure, floss & assorted other media. Buy some Biospira, or Dr Tim’s, or the Brightwell bactiera (forgot the name). Biospira works well for a starter :)

Zoajohn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Finally along enough to post pics. This is my 30L sps dominant. I am slowly moving over my sps from the fluval evo. Once the two acros I put in seem to be happy and growing, the rest will come on in. Excuse the algae

3D9AAB50-F390-4741-824D-3C697F58CC07.jpeg 8F01E96E-5394-4F19-8448-BA48EFC29F5A.jpeg 5A7ED185-4B8B-4F1D-BF10-5138894B01B0.jpeg

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 101 86.3%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.8%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.6%
Back