Innovative Marine Nuvo 30L Club/Index/Resource Thread

jazzfisher

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have not.
is the AB setting a preset that can be downloaded for the AI lights?

Zoajohn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I have not.
is the AB setting a preset that can be downloaded for the AI lights?
It is not on their signature settings, but here’s what it is per BRS video:
UV-119%
Violet-116%
Royal Blue-79%
Blue-80%
Green-4%
Deep Red-4%
Cool White-19%
2 hr ramp up and down, 6 hours at peak. With two hydras this would give me well over 400 PAR. I still have the meter and could actually get exact measurements if wanted.

jazzfisher

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you!
I wonder if they would or how they would include the new moonlight into that too?

New&no clue

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In the first post I see all the filtration options I’m just wondering what are people using for filtration with success? Are most people using the stock filter socks and media basket with provided media? What about bio balls or filter floss?

I read this whole thread last night at 11:30... half asleep, so if I missed it already being discussed Sorry.

jazzfisher

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I run two media baskets, 1 IM, and 1 In Tank basket with various media. I have the Big Green Killing machine UV but considering getting the IM UV which would get rid of 1 basket though.

OP
OP
ReeferReefer

ReeferReefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In the first post I see all the filtration options I’m just wondering what are people using for filtration with success? Are most people using the stock filter socks and media basket with provided media? What about bio balls or filter floss?

I read this whole thread last night at 11:30... half asleep, so if I missed it already being discussed Sorry.
Filter socks suck. Get media racks and use filter floss for mechanical filtration.

Second set of chambers are for whatever you want. I'm running a refugium and a skimmer.

OP
OP
ReeferReefer

ReeferReefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
interesting, do you have a build thread? How are you lighting your refugium?

I am using 2 led strips from Amazon. The brand is ledenet. They are just taped to the back of the tank with packing tape. I use the InTank Fuge basket.

Most of the info your looking for is in my thread.

Zoajohn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Has anyone made a DIY cover for the filtration chamber? I’m getting algae growth back there from light spill and want to cover it up. Intank makes one but hard to swallow $50 for a long piece of plastic...

jazzfisher

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm having the same issue but in the scheme of things, $50. isn't so bad. I was wondering if it will fit over the (IM) protien skimmer. Seriously thinking of it.
Thinking it might help I just ordered/got the 3D Reefing diffusers for My AI primes, hoping it will keep some the light falloff from the back chambers.

Zoajohn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
You can buy a 12”x36” sheet of ABS on amazon for around $20. Could build one for that price, albeit probably won’t be as pretty but will do the job.
I'm having the same issue but in the scheme of things, $50. isn't so bad. I was wondering if it will fit over the (IM) protien skimmer. Seriously thinking of it.
Thinking it might help I just ordered/got the 3D Reefing diffusers for My AI primes, hoping it will keep some the light falloff from the back chambers.

New&no clue

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was wondering if it will fit over the (IM) protien skimmer. Seriously thinking of it.

I think it would, i was looking at it too and had the same concerns.At first I thought it sat flush with the top, but it’s actually like a box, so it seems it would fit over a skimmer cup.

Zoajohn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I’m not the handy type lol!
You and me both lol. But I think it should be easy enough to score and snap the abs since it’s only .06” thick, then silicone or cement the pieces together. If I decide to go this route I’ll let you know how it goes

New&no clue

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You and me both lol. But I think it should be easy enough to score and snap the abs since it’s only .06” thick, then silicone or cement the pieces together. If I decide to go this route I’ll let you know how it goes

It might be nice too because you could leave sections open. I want to do a refugium in one of mine. @ReeferReefer cut the back section of one of the chambers so the light could shine in the back instead of up top, it was a really good idea. I'm just not sure I could do that, my tank is already full...and heavy. I didn't want a light on top because I was worried it would bleed into the other sections and cause algae growth. However, if I could make a lid for only some of the sections leave one open and then have a fuge light over just that part maybe that would work.

jazzfisher

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
FYI In Tank is having 15% off the filter covers until 1/31. NOW until January 31th save 15%! Use coupon > COVERME at checkout
ordering mine now! Plus use the code 5off for another 5% off!

Last edited:

Zoajohn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
FYI In Tank is having 15% off the filter covers until 1/31. NOW until January 31th save 15%! Use coupon > COVERME at checkout
ordering mine now! Plus use the code 5off for another 5% off!
I don't think you can combine the two, unless i'm not doing it right

jazzfisher

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes you can, add 1 coupon code then another coupon code space appears and add the other code. I did it.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 32 42.7%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 19 25.3%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 22 29.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.7%
Back