Innovative Marine Nuvo 30L Club/Index/Resource Thread

Zoajohn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I ordered the netting from amazon, here is a link, its the 1/4 inch. Also BRS sells it in 1/4 and 1/8 inch. I would assume the 1/4 would be better for light to get through and the 1/8 inch if you have tiny fish. I just used a flat head screw driver to pry the spline out then pull it carefully. Just be sure careful as it tends to break easily. Mine broke in a couple places but was still fine when putting it back in. Helps if you have two people, one to hold the netting tight and the other to work the spline back in. They make spline rollers to insert the spline into the frame but this stuff is so thick it didn't really work well. I just used a flat head screw driver to work it in. Just be careful not the pierce through it and work with the flat edge of the screw driver not the tip. My netting didn't come out perfectly tight but it works and looks pretty good.

I replaced the mesh in my screen yesterday. Surprisingly pretty easy with a flat head. Let’s way more light through

New&no clue

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
eplaced the mesh in my screen yesterday. Surprisingly pretty easy with a flat head. Let’s way more light through

Has anyone ever done a par test with the screen on vs screen off? I was reading an article a little while ago about the difference in par with different lids (screen, glass, open) and the difference in par. I feel like the difference in par with a screen vs without was very small. However, the screen lid they were testing was one of the custom made ones from like Octo Lids or ClearView Lids. Just wondering if these would be similar.

Zoajohn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Has anyone ever done a par test with the screen on vs screen off? I was reading an article a little while ago about the difference in par with different lids (screen, glass, open) and the difference in par. I feel like the difference in par with a screen vs without was very small. However, the screen lid they were testing was one of the custom made ones from like Octo Lids or ClearView Lids. Just wondering if these would be similar.
I did with the stock mesh. Can’t remember the exact value but it was somewhere between 20-45 reduction in PAR

jazzfisher

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
An FYI on the In Tank Filtration Cover. I got it yesterday, the good: will keep the light spill from the back chambers, also makes the light in the tank look better.
The bad news: It doesn't work with the lid, the front of it needs to rest so it goes very slightly over the edge of the back wall of the DT.
I'm trying to think of how I can make it work, if not- I think I'm going to see if I can return it.

Ferrell

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has anyone done par measurements in this tank with a pair of AI Prime HDs?
Today as a matter of fact. Last column on right is the setting shown

41EEE7C2-6780-4ABD-8DC2-6D30844CEBD2.jpeg E981B739-6B8E-4DBD-9B43-19EAD47BAF39.jpeg 3518DA79-A885-46A3-8A80-54C02AA09404.png

Zoajohn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Has anyone upgraded the stock return pump? I have the old one before they came with mighty jets. Thinking about a jebao dcp 2000. Only $60 and 520 gph

jazzfisher

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I upgraded from the Mighty Jet that was 300 (forgot exact number) to the Mighty Jet that is 500 something. I've been happy with it so far. Just my experience-maybe others have used the Jebao.

OP
OP
ReeferReefer

ReeferReefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do people get micro bubbles out of their returns into the tank? I have the IM skimmer and not sure if that is the issue or something else but it's driving me crazy.
No microbubbles here. What chamber are you running the skimmer in? You can always try stuffing some filter floss into the output of the skimmer to reduce bubbles.

Stevedio

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
An FYI on the In Tank Filtration Cover. I got it yesterday, the good: will keep the light spill from the back chambers, also makes the light in the tank look better.
The bad news: It doesn't work with the lid, the front of it needs to rest so it goes very slightly over the edge of the back wall of the DT.
I'm trying to think of how I can make it work, if not- I think I'm going to see if I can return it.
I know this was an old post but I recently got the intank cover for my new 30l pro and it’s very easy to customize to fit over the stock mesh screen. All you need to do is widen the precut slots on the bottom left and right of the front panel. I also had to widen the back left and right cutouts at the bottom of the side panels. Fits nice and snug.
My only issue is that the matte finish they used on the outside doesn’t match well with the rest of the tank. They would have been better off going with the flat black finish that is on the inside of the cover.

jazzfisher

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Stevedio I'm just in the middle of ordering a custom lid, then I will see what I need to do to it. I have just been balancing on the back anyway. I'm not very handy but hopefully my other half will know how to fix it. He's an engineer so I'm thinking he will!

Stevedio

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Stevedio I'm just in the middle of ordering a custom lid, then I will see what I need to do to it. I have just been balancing on the back anyway. I'm not very handy but hopefully my other half will know how to fix it. He's an engineer so I'm thinking he will!
It’s very easy material to cut. Plastic is fairly soft. I cut it easily with a wire cutter and cleaned up the edges with an exacto knife.

OP
OP
ReeferReefer

ReeferReefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thinking of replacing the stock pump with a Sicce Syncra Silent. What size should I go with?

New&no clue

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi All, I need help with high Nitrates. What are people doing for nutrients exports? In the back chambers I have filter floss, live rock, refugium which chaeto, IM Nuvo skimmer, bag of carbon, bag of GFO. When I started the refugium I saw my phosphates go way down, which was great. However, my nitrates kept going up. I tried to reduce feeding, but then my elegance corals started shrinking and now looks very sad. Just checking if people are doing something I'm missing.

Here is a FTS, you can see my poor elegance and then a picture of him a couple weeks ago when he was happy.
FTS 5.19.20.jpg

Elegance1.jpg

jazzfisher

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been dosing the Red Sea NoPx and my nitrates are down/normal. I run a basket with floss, Chempure, ceramic rings, a IM Skimmer, and IM UV. I just got a IM reactor (going to run carbon) but had a mishap & have to figure out water height set up .
I've been very happy with the No pox. As an aside, started using the new Red Sea AB Plus and everything stated growing like crazy.
That elegance is gorgeous!!!

New&no clue

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been dosing the Red Sea NoPx and my nitrates are down/normal. I run a basket with floss, Chempure, ceramic rings, a IM Skimmer, and IM UV. I just got a IM reactor (going to run carbon) but had a mishap & have to figure out water height set up .
I've been very happy with the No pox. As an aside, started using the new Red Sea AB Plus and everything stated growing like crazy.
That elegance is gorgeous!!!

I just got Red Sea AB for my 75 maybe I should try that here, does that increase nitrates?

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 31 17.5%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 30 16.9%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 32 18.1%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 76 42.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.5%
Back