OP
ReeferReefer

ReeferReefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Haven't started a build thread for my 30l but you can add the IceCap K1 Nano skimmer to the list - Its tight but fits.

Awesome. Thanks for the info.

Looking forward to seeing your build thread.

What other equipment are you running on your Nuvo?

GK3

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I am not planning to cover the filter area. It could be cool to have some custom acrylic cut for each filter compartment but it sounds expensive lol.

I am simply using Kessil gooseneck mounts for my lights.

What did you have in mind exactly?
I just posted a stand concept in my build thread for this tank. I am using Radion XR15s. Would love to hear some feedback from everyone.

Mjl714

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I used a couple of Eheim Compacton 1000’s to replace the oem pump and “y” splitter that came with my IM Nuvo Fusion 30l.

Mjl714

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
See top down picture.

5018F101-78B8-418D-B01B-2CC66DCB22E9.jpeg

Nem0

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Concurrently, they are both running all the time. 264 gph. Each has a Spinstream on the output.

how do you like the spin streams? thinking of getting them to upgrade from the stock return nozzles. do they sit below water level? my current nozzles are like 20% out of the water level if I put them in a straight line and do not point them down/to the side

Mjl714

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
how do you like the spin streams? thinking of getting them to upgrade from the stock return nozzles. do they sit below water level? my current nozzles are like 20% out of the water level if I put them in a straight line and do not point them down/to the side

As far as liking them I do, 14 months of excellent performance, just adds another element of circulation. As far as totally submerged, there is a small section, maybe 20% that is not underwater, but this portion is not the output. Perhaps you can see in the nighttime light.

77A2B100-ACAF-4DAD-AECD-1C52688DAD72.jpeg

OP
OP
ReeferReefer

ReeferReefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone running a fuge? What light are you using? What chamber are you using? Are you using the intank fuge basket?

GK3

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
As far as liking them I do, 14 months of excellent performance, just adds another element of circulation. As far as totally submerged, there is a small section, maybe 20% that is not underwater, but this portion is not the output. Perhaps you can see in the nighttime light.

77A2B100-ACAF-4DAD-AECD-1C52688DAD72.jpeg

Mine do the same thing. What is the noise like on yours? I love the flow pattern mine provide, just not the noise.

Mjl714

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine do the same thing. What is the noise like on yours? I love the flow pattern mine provide, just not the noise.

Noise, generally don’t even notice any noise. We sit close to tank, but tv makes more noise.

Nem0

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone running a fuge? What light are you using? What chamber are you using? Are you using the intank fuge basket?

i have a plan to make my left 2nd compartment a fuge. i made my media baskets from egg crate. using a 100W grow light -- https://www.amazon.com/CANAGROW-Wat...ay&sprefix=growing+light+water,aps,169&sr=8-6. tbh might be too much power so i might try and make a diffusor when its set up. heard good reviews about this on the forum and a LFS uses these in everyone of their sumps

OP
OP
ReeferReefer

ReeferReefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i have a plan to make my left 2nd compartment a fuge. i made my media baskets from egg crate. using a 100W grow light -- https://www.amazon.com/CANAGROW-Wat...ay&sprefix=growing+light+water,aps,169&sr=8-6. tbh might be too much power so i might try and make a diffusor when its set up. heard good reviews about this on the forum and a LFS uses these in everyone of their sumps
How are you going to mount the light?

I might just make one out of egg crate too. I have a ton laying around.

Nem0

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How are you going to mount the light?

I might just make one out of egg crate too. I have a ton laying around.

I cut part of the black back screen off the tank. so the entire 2nd compartment is clear glass. I'm planning on actually just making the stand it comes with sit directly perpendicular, then screwing it onto a wooden board which would rest perfectly against the side of my wall. no need for screwing the board into the wall...the tank/spacing just worked out for me

Scubasteve11

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome. Thanks for the info.

Looking forward to seeing your build thread.

What other equipment are you running on your Nuvo?
This is my first reef tank and have had a blast getting it going. Its been wet for about 3 months now. With it being my first tank this is probably why I didn't start a build thread - I'm stubborn and tend to learn all my lessons the hard way and also enjoy researching stuff. I would definitely recommend this tank to other beginners like myself but NOW completely understand what everyone was talking about with regards to nano's being more difficult to keep stable.

Currently running...

(2) Sicce Voyager 530's with Wave surfer
(1) Jebao DCW-somethig return pump
(1) Cobalt C-Ray 200 LED
(2) Cheap Amazon heaters
(1) IceCap K1 Skimmer
(1) Innovative Marine midsize reactor
(1) InTank floss holder
(1) InTank media basket
(1) Smart ATO micro

In the Chambers from left to right...
- Filter floss with Brightwell Bio blocks on the bottom
- IM media reactor with BRS standard GFO
- heaters, return pump, and ATO sensor
- Skimmer
- Media basket with floss, (3) Chemipure Blue nano bags, and Seachem Matrix

Maintenance...
- Weekly 4 gallon water changes with Fritz RPM
- try the clean the glass every few days
- replace floss at least once a week
- change one Chemipure bag every 2-3 weeks
- scrub rocks with toothbrush to remove algea as needed (JUST won a battle against GHA)

smilinteddy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is my first reef tank and have had a blast getting it going. Its been wet for about 3 months now. With it being my first tank this is probably why I didn't start a build thread - I'm stubborn and tend to learn all my lessons the hard way and also enjoy researching stuff. I would definitely recommend this tank to other beginners like myself but NOW completely understand what everyone was talking about with regards to nano's being more difficult to keep stable.

Currently running...

(2) Sicce Voyager 530's with Wave surfer
(1) Jebao DCW-somethig return pump
(1) Cobalt C-Ray 200 LED
(2) Cheap Amazon heaters
(1) IceCap K1 Skimmer
(1) Innovative Marine midsize reactor
(1) InTank floss holder
(1) InTank media basket
(1) Smart ATO micro

In the Chambers from left to right...
- Filter floss with Brightwell Bio blocks on the bottom
- IM media reactor with BRS standard GFO
- heaters, return pump, and ATO sensor
- Skimmer
- Media basket with floss, (3) Chemipure Blue nano bags, and Seachem Matrix

Maintenance...
- Weekly 4 gallon water changes with Fritz RPM
- try the clean the glass every few days
- replace floss at least once a week
- change one Chemipure bag every 2-3 weeks
- scrub rocks with toothbrush to remove algea as needed (JUST won a battle against GHA)
How do you like your skimmer? I may be looking for a skimmer upgrade because the one I have came with my second hand tank (i'm not even sure what it is) and it's not really impressing me.

Looking for options that will drop in to the inner chambers of the 30L and all I've really been able to find is the IM nuvoskim and just wanted to see what else people are using. Not interested in going the HOB route.

intricate_reefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How do you like your skimmer? I may be looking for a skimmer upgrade because the one I have came with my second hand tank (i'm not even sure what it is) and it's not really impressing me.

Looking for options that will drop in to the inner chambers of the 30L and all I've really been able to find is the IM nuvoskim and just wanted to see what else people are using. Not interested in going the HOB route.

I’m using the cadlights PLS 50 elite 2 skimmer. Fits right into the second chamber. It took awhile to break in but I’ve been really happy with it since.

OP
OP
ReeferReefer

ReeferReefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m using the cadlights PLS 50 elite 2 skimmer. Fits right into the second chamber. It took awhile to break in but I’ve been really happy with it since.
Seems like a great choice! What's the skimmate like?

I updated the opening post to include your skimmer.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 20 30.8%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 53 81.5%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 11 16.9%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 7 10.8%
  • Other

Votes: 3 4.6%
Back