Innovative Marine Nuvo 30L Club/Index/Resource Thread

Jadams

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you have a build thread? I'd love to see what you have.

I don't actually haha.. I don't know how to post pics on here or else I would. But currently, I don't have any corals yet so my tanks a tad boring looking :lol:

smilinteddy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't actually haha.. I don't know how to post pics on here or else I would. But currently, I don't have any corals yet so my tanks a tad boring looking [emoji38]
Do you access r2r on a computer or your smartphone? I've found the Tapatalk app to work really well for reef2reef and it allows me to upload pics directly from my phone which is what I use for taking all my pics.

OP
OP
ReeferReefer

ReeferReefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also using Tapatalk here when on the go.

Either way its simple to upload photos.

Look for the "Upload a File" button, then select the photos to upload.

smilinteddy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't actually haha.. I don't know how to post pics on here or else I would. But currently, I don't have any corals yet so my tanks a tad boring looking [emoji38]
And even if you don't have anything much in the tank yet, part of the fun of build threads is checking out people's hardware and setup choices. I know I have gotten lots of inspiration and tips from checking out people's build threads and seeing what hardware they choose and how they set things up in their tanks.

OP
OP
ReeferReefer

ReeferReefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't actually haha.. I don't know how to post pics on here or else I would. But currently, I don't have any corals yet so my tanks a tad boring looking :lol:

Following up what Teddy said, a build thread is also great for documenting your progress. I tend to post on mine a little too much but in the end it will be a great look back on how my set up has evolved over time.

GK3

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Has anyone used this before or heard anything? Chill Solutions CSXC-1 Thermoelectric Aquarium Chiller

Whisnantrider

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I just installed a pair of 3d printed water level adjustors -- https://ez-dose.com/product/ez-water-level-adjuster-full-set-midsize/ and theyre AWESOME!!! i was able to raise my water level up prob 3/4'' in the display while still keeping the waterfall effect for the AIO in the filter compartment. 100% recommend. $15 (shipped) and fast shipping too!

I did this for both aesthetic reasons and more water. I did not like how even when full in the back filter compartment, there was like a 1.5'' gap between my water level and the top of the glass. it just looked awkward to me. now, there is about 1/2'' gap between the top of the water to the tank glass. looks much better IMO. furthermore, I was able to fit 1.5+ more gallons into my tank with the adjuster. more water == never a bad thing!

would def recommend y'all look into this if youre trying to have a cleaner looking tank / hold more water. I did not want to silicon anything; this little gadget is easily removed AND can be adjusted!!!

Ordered a set of these the other day, can't wait to raise that water line!

Colinadam80

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I went with the InTank surface skimmers, hoping that does the trick to raise the water level in the display or I will get the 3D printed option.

OP
OP
ReeferReefer

ReeferReefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I went with the InTank surface skimmers, hoping that does the trick to raise the water level in the display or I will get the 3D printed option.

Are you planning on using the screen cover with these?

Whisnantrider

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is my first reef tank and have had a blast getting it going. Its been wet for about 3 months now. With it being my first tank this is probably why I didn't start a build thread - I'm stubborn and tend to learn all my lessons the hard way and also enjoy researching stuff. I would definitely recommend this tank to other beginners like myself but NOW completely understand what everyone was talking about with regards to nano's being more difficult to keep stable.

Currently running...

(2) Sicce Voyager 530's with Wave surfer
(1) Jebao DCW-somethig return pump
(1) Cobalt C-Ray 200 LED
(2) Cheap Amazon heaters
(1) IceCap K1 Skimmer
(1) Innovative Marine midsize reactor
(1) InTank floss holder
(1) InTank media basket
(1) Smart ATO micro

In the Chambers from left to right...
- Filter floss with Brightwell Bio blocks on the bottom
- IM media reactor with BRS standard GFO
- heaters, return pump, and ATO sensor
- Skimmer
- Media basket with floss, (3) Chemipure Blue nano bags, and Seachem Matrix

Maintenance...
- Weekly 4 gallon water changes with Fritz RPM
- try the clean the glass every few days
- replace floss at least once a week
- change one Chemipure bag every 2-3 weeks
- scrub rocks with toothbrush to remove algea as needed (JUST won a battle against GHA)

How like the Sicce Voyager nanos? I am trying to find a power head for my tank now.

Colinadam80

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought the Aqamai KPS powerhead. Looks to have good GPH flow rates and the compact size made it ideal to me.

Here is a pic of it.

20190708_180111.jpg

Whisnantrider

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought the Aqamai KPS powerhead. Looks to have good GPH flow rates and the compact size made it ideal to me.

Here is a pic of it.

20190708_180111.jpg

I had the KPS in my JBJ45, they were great but 2 of them died on me within the first year. Hydor made it right so im not complaining. Maybe they have the kinks worked out now.

OP
OP
ReeferReefer

ReeferReefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What is everyone running for power heads? Could you post some photos?

I am running a single MP10 right now. Might add another down the road if I need to. Seems like plenty of flow for my nems and softies.

smilinteddy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm currently running a jebao that came with the tank when I got it used. Waiting on a used icecap 1k gyre that unlocked up in the sales forum to get here. It should fit horizontally on the side panel or in the corner vertically so I'm hoping I can find an orientation that works for my tank. Worried a bit about the sand, but we'll see.

OP
OP
ReeferReefer

ReeferReefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well it's official. I hate the screen top.

Show me what you guys are doing instead. I know the newer generation has a better screen top but the one on the older models reflects so much light. I was considering a DD Jump Guard.

GK3

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Well it's official. I hate the screen top.

Show me what you guys are doing instead. I know the newer generation has a better screen top but the one on the older models reflects so much light. I was considering a DD Jump Guard.

What fish are you housing that jump? I took the screen top off permanently, I did not like it at all.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 38 44.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 20 23.3%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 26 30.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.3%
Back