Innovative Marine Nuvo 30L Club/Index/Resource Thread

Jake DiMeglio

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
im starting an anemone tank with some AI HD prime, does anyone have a good file for a light schedule

Zoajohn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I run a gyre 1k in my 30L. Recently added sand and ooo boy it’s blowing. It’s the caribsea Fiji pink. Gyre on 10% still exposes glass in the middle. Does anyone run a gyre 1k with sand successfully?

Jake DiMeglio

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I run a gyre 1k in my 30L. Recently added sand and ooo boy it’s blowing. It’s the caribsea Fiji pink. Gyre on 10% still exposes glass in the middle. Does anyone run a gyre 1k with sand successfully?

i just got m 1k and i hate the programming i cant figure it out right now its on 10% steady and i cant figure anything else out. anything more than 10% oh boy

Zoajohn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
i just got m 1k and i hate the programming i cant figure it out right now its on 10% steady and i cant figure anything else out. anything more than 10% oh boy
What confuses you about it specifically? I can try to help you get it.

You click the “M” looking button bottom right of the controller until you see all mode icons flashing on the left. Then with the scroll wheel, select the mode you want with the middle button. Once you select a mode, you can adjust the power, the time length of power if using wave or pulse, whether you want reverse power flow (negative power percent) etc. once you are done make sure you are out of the mode settings, back to where all mode icons flash. Then click the M button again and you’re locked in.

mta_morrow

Of course I have room for 1 more fish!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have done a lot of experiments with my 2 gyres. For that issue you can try a couple things.
1: lower the gyre and rotate the cages so the water starts hitting the surface about 1/2 way across the tank.
2: turn the gyre upside down and rotate the cages same as above.
My first tank was an IM30L and I absolutely loved it. Here is a pic just before my upgrade
C3230F33-B536-4039-819D-6CDE3FDA5317.jpeg

Zoajohn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I have done a lot of experiments with my 2 gyres. For that issue you can try a couple things.
1: lower the gyre and rotate the cages so the water starts hitting the surface about 1/2 way across the tank.
2: turn the gyre upside down and rotate the cages same as above.
My first tank was an IM30L and I absolutely loved it. Here is a pic just before my upgrade
C3230F33-B536-4039-819D-6CDE3FDA5317.jpeg
How do you rotate the cages? I always assumed my gyre flow was fixed. Since the magnetic mount is rubber and doesn’t adjust. I guess this would be on the front of the pump itself?

mta_morrow

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How do you rotate the cages? I always assumed my gyre flow was fixed. Since the magnetic mount is rubber and doesn’t adjust. I guess this would be on the front of the pump itself?
I’m out and about right now or I would send pics. I will try to explain. I have the maxspect so I think they are similar. Power off and remove from tank. Act like you are disassembling for cleaning. The left and right cages should rotate. Rotated upwards 1/8 inch at a time then place back in the tank maybe 3-4” below water line

Zoajohn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I’m out and about right now or I would send pics. I will try to explain. I have the maxspect so I think they are similar. Power off and remove from tank. Act like you are disassembling for cleaning. The left and right cages should rotate. Rotated upwards 1/8 inch at a time then place back in the tank maybe 3-4” below water line
I’ll check it out tonight. This is game changing info thanks! Was preparing myself to sell it for an mp10

mta_morrow

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ll check it out tonight. This is game changing info thanks! Was preparing myself to sell it for an mp10
Don’t swap yet. I will help you. You may still want to change afterwards but I don’t think u will.

Zoajohn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Don’t swap yet. I will help you. You may still want to change afterwards but I don’t think u will.
Much appreciated. What corals did you keep? I’m leaning towards sps dominat but also want all other types which will probably be placed as low as possible

mta_morrow

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Much appreciated. What corals did you keep? I’m leaning towards sps dominat but also want all other types which will probably be placed as low as possible
I did not have a gyre in my IM30L. I have 2 in my current tank. Here is a video watch and see some of the flow. Look at the corals on the bottom. The cespitularia bottom left, frogspawn bottom front, clam mantle, gsp bottom right. Nice gentle flow. All 4 cages on the 2 gyres aimed a little different as well as 1 gyre is about 11/2” below the water line and the other about 4”.

Zoajohn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I did not have a gyre in my IM30L. I have 2 in my current tank. Here is a video watch and see some of the flow. Look at the corals on the bottom. The cespitularia bottom left, frogspawn bottom front, clam mantle, gsp bottom right. Nice gentle flow. All 4 cages on the 2 gyres aimed a little different as well as 1 gyre is about 11/2” below the water line and the other about 4”.

Just figured out I could rotate the gyre sides up. Still seems like a ton of flow in my setup with the return pump. Video attached. What do you think?

Attachments

• 4481344F-C7A1-4C00-A3BE-E11486D83587.MOV
    11.2 MB

jazzfisher

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you have 2 gyres on your 30 L? (not sure what you mean by current tank) I'm no expert on flow but I have the 1k gyre on one side of my 30L & 2 Current 660's on the other side. I find I can not put the gyre up past 10+ or 30- or I get too much flow.

Zoajohn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Do you have 2 gyres on your 30 L? (not sure what you mean by current tank) I'm no expert on flow but I have the 1k gyre on one side of my 30L & 2 Current 660's on the other side. I find I can not put the gyre up past 10+ or 30- or I get too much flow.
I have one gyre, and the stock return pump (not the mighty one). I have my gyre on 10% in that video and it looks like a ton of flow

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back