ReeferReefer

ReeferReefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Speaking of lids...

I added a small Yasha Goby this weekend and have found her sitting on the filter floss in the first chamber twice. She has to be squeezing through the overflow slots. Any ideas on how to make them tighter without restricting waterflow so it can't get through?
Innovative Marine sells overflow guards for the Nuvo 30L.

Colinadam80

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_20190908_190304_705.jpg

Finally joining the fun, a little late but got the tank wet this weekend!

Tihsho

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well it looks like I'll be running another IcsCap 1k Gyre on another tank now... Glad to hear it fits! I was going to just keep with my Jebao RW-4 going on this tank, but I like the flow of Gyres. Also, it will allow me to put some screens over the outlets to prevent from Nudibrach suicide unlike my Jebao.

Zoajohn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
One thing that has been bothering me is the water level in each of the overflow chambers. If you have a filter caddy with floss on top, it just gets submerged. I feel like it could filter much more efficiently if it had the room to be above the water line. Anyone else notice the same?

Edit: talking about the far left and far right chambers the display overflows into.

Zoajohn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Ah, sadly I don't have those. I think you should be able to use some PVC or acrylic under the base to raise it up.
I added the water level adjusters to the overflow grates which helped a little, I don’t feel like there’s much room to raise it. I have an IM filter sock I am going to use on one side and it makes me wonder how I’ll get decent flow through it

Tihsho

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I pulled the socks on mine before I even had it filled. They are going to be a catch all for all that come through which is nice for polishing, but they require more work. Filter mat on mine I just pull and replace as needed. No cleaning necessary unlike the socks.

Zoajohn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Are there any good skimmers that can fit in the center chamber or two inside chambers? I’ve got a 9004 and it can only fit in chamber 1 and 5, taking up a spot for filtration.

jazzfisher

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The IM midsize skimmer fits in the chamber(s) next to the pump chamber. I believe Marine Depot has a video on their site about products that fit into the chambers—all brands.

Tihsho

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like my EShopps Nano. Works well in the second compartment. Only thing was I had to DIY a skimmer stand to make it easier to press on the skimmer cup and keep the skimmer at the operational height. Without the stand you had you re-adjust the operational height of the skimmer or you'd run too wet.

wasafuzz

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't blame you, very nice. I notice your water level is up. Are you using the adjustors talked about earlier in this thread?

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 12 27.3%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 36 81.8%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 7 15.9%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 2 4.5%
  • Other

Votes: 2 4.5%
Back