Innovative Marine Nuvo 30L Club/Index/Resource Thread

jws0318

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It
Hello, I just purchased the 30L and APS stand combo. For those of you with the APS stand, what did you do for the bottom? The bottom board that came with it is very flimsy. I was thinking of just cutting a piece of (ply?)wood to put under the bottom board to support things like an ATO as the stock board is way too flimsy for that.
It is flimsy for sure. That being said, I just used it as is. It doesn't provide any structural support, and I would throw a 5 gallon jug on it every time I put in a new one with ato water in it. You could probably put something stronger in there like plywood or aluminum, but it never bothered me enough to do that.

AirNairb

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It

It is flimsy for sure. That being said, I just used it as is. It doesn't provide any structural support, and I would throw a 5 gallon jug on it every time I put in a new one with ato water in it. You could probably put something stronger in there like plywood or aluminum, but it never bothered me enough to do that.
OK, thanks for the info! And glad I'm not the only one that feels it's flimsy.

paparoof

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is anyone using an AWC system on there tanks, and if so which one?
Yup.

New&no clue

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yup.

How do you like it?

do you have pictures of your setup? I’m trying to get some ideas.

paparoof

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How do you like it?

do you have pictures of your setup? I’m trying to get some ideas.
The interface is a little clunky so it takes some getting used to, but I do like it. It's also an ATO which is good so the AWC part and ATO part don't argue - you wouldn't want your ATO to kick in when you're pulling out waste water.

I don't have any pics, but this screenshot from the manual gives you the idea:
1633036152212.png

AirNairb

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
To those with a fuge, what's your setup?

I'm setting up a fuge in chamber 4. I've ordered the Intank fuge basket and a GEM5 submersible light (the only decent submersible light I could find). The issue I'm running into is the fuge basket won't fit in once I mount the light inside the chamber (I don't want to cut the film off the back). Does anyone run with chaeto in chamber 4 (or 2) without a basket?

New&no clue

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
To those with a fuge, what's your setup?

I'm setting up a fuge in chamber 4. I've ordered the Intank fuge basket and a GEM5 submersible light (the only decent submersible light I could find). The issue I'm running into is the fuge basket won't fit in once I mount the light inside the chamber (I don't want to cut the film off the back). Does anyone run with chaeto in chamber 4 (or 2) without a basket?

I have chaeto in chamber 1 without a basket and a submerged light

raklassen

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone! I was wondering if someone a little more experienced than I am could help me dial in my flow rate. This is my first reef aquarium, so I want to make sure my frags are all nice and happy.

Currently I have the Icecap 2K gyre on the left side, nothing on the right side, and I'm using the supplied 538 GPH MightyJet pump. The pump is set to 16 watts and according to MightyJet that's about 375 gph. I have my Icecap 2K set in gyre mode with a range of 25%-40% peak. I'm not sure exactly how much gph the 2K is moving at 40%, but I'm guessing its somewhere in the 900 gph area.

Before adding anything to my display I had the gyre set at 45% and it was causing my sand bed to 'drift', but once I dropped to 40% its all good.

I just added my first corals this week. 3 Mushrooms, 2 zoas, and a clove. So all Softies and I know they don't require much flow. So far everything seems okay. My clove frag was on the left side where the gyre pump is and it was getting way too much flow. I moved it to the right side and it opened right up and seems to be doing much better.

What do you all think? Too much flow? Or let it go as is and see what happens?

raklassen

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone regret buying the IM 30l?

Looking at buying one but sometimes I think the tank looks very narrow?
I love mine. It's also my first tank though. It is narrow, but that's exactly what I needed for the space I had.

jazzfisher

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Those of you with the Innovative Marine tank, how are you cleaning your filter socks?
I don't use socks-I use a media caddy. But you can clean your socks in the washing machine-no detergent just some bleach. Let dry throughly before next use.

Reef.

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Those of you with the Innovative Marine tank, how are you cleaning your filter socks?
I have just started using socks in my tank, I use the mesh socks, I just sit them in a container with some baking soda in, I just use rodi water then I don’t need to use prime as that stuff stinks, then just rinse with plain rodi water.

Slightly more work than floss but better results

AirNairb

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How is everyone's tank doing? This thread slowed down quite a bit.

Is anyone running a Tunze 9001 or 9004 skimmer in the middle/return chamber? My two questions are:
1) does it fit with the stock return hoses, or do those have to get adjusted?
2) is the water level high enough for the skimmer intake, assuming ~1" of overflow from chambers 2 and 4?

My current chamber setup is:
1) IM Caddy with filter floss, GFO, and carbon
2) Heater
3) Return pump, ATO outflow, probes, and GEM5 fuge light facing towards chamber #4
4) Intank fuge basket with chaeto
5) IM Caddy with filter floss and Marinepure Bio Spheres.

I could move the heater to the middle/return chamber to free up chamber #2, but the water level isn't quite high enough so I'd have to angle it in (not a big deal). Plus not sure how many skimmers would fit in chamber #2 anyway.

chrisjj625

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Is anyone running a Tunze 9001 or 9004 skimmer in the middle/return chamber? My two questions are:
2) is the water level high enough for the skimmer intake, assuming ~1" of overflow from chambers 2 and 4?

2) Heater
3) Return pump, ATO outflow, probes, and GEM5 fuge light facing towards chamber #4

I could move the heater to the middle/return chamber to free up chamber #2, but the water level isn't quite high enough so I'd have to angle it in (not a big deal). Plus not sure how many skimmers would fit in chamber #2 anyway.
I haven't really found a need for a skimmer. I am struggling to keep measurable nutrients while using just filter floss in both chambers as well as a refugium, which I really added to try and help my pH level.

New&no clue

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

2) Heater

I used to have the Nuvo Skimmer, which I wouldn't recommend. I also don't use a skimmer. I have a media caddy in one chamber with Chemi-Pure Elite and floss. In two of the other chambers, I have refugiums set up. I have only softies, so it's a pretty simple system.
1728F9FB-ED76-4C99-A220-D692DEB1E676.jpeg

However, this thread here runs a Tunze 9004 in his; you can check it out and see how it's working for him.

jazzfisher

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use a In Tank media basket with floss/Chemi-pure blue, Nuvo Skimmer, ATO in return chamber, helio heater, and IM UV in last chamber with floss on top instead of their sponge. The skimmer is okay , probably doesn't really pull much but is working for me.
IMG_8907.jpg

AirNairb

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I used to have the Nuvo Skimmer, which I wouldn't recommend. I also don't use a skimmer. I have a media caddy in one chamber with Chemi-Pure Elite and floss. In two of the other chambers, I have refugiums set up. I have only softies, so it's a pretty simple system.
1728F9FB-ED76-4C99-A220-D692DEB1E676.jpeg

However, this thread here runs a Tunze 9004 in his; you can check it out and see how it's working for him.

Thanks for sharing that link. And those softies are looking great!

AirNairb

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use a In Tank media basket with floss/Chemi-pure blue, Nuvo Skimmer, ATO in return chamber, helio heater, and IM UV in last chamber with floss on top instead of their sponge. The skimmer is okay , probably doesn't really pull much but is working for me.
IMG_8907.jpg
What lights are you using? Tank looks great!

Back