Innovative Marine Nuvo 40 Mixed Reef (sps dominant)build

Clintcrabtree

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been meaning to post progression shots from the beginning and tank is now 8 months old. I moved to this tank from my first 14g biocube that had been doing great for the 8 months prior to the move. I am currently running a gen 2 xr30w and a gen 4 xr15 pro over the tank. For the first 7 months or so it was just the gen 2, but the frag racks on the side weren't getting the par I was wanting so I added the xr15 pro and I think I like it....I personally can't visibly see any difference in the spectrum from the different gen radions. I am also running two ecoteech mp10qds in reef crest mode at 50% along with 2 spinstreams on the returns powered by a syce syncra 2.5. In the back I am running a good amount of MarinePure CerMedia spheres along with chaeto in one section, ghost skimmer in another section and chemipure blue and mechanical sponges in the remaining section. I am using the micro ATO and lastly a bubble magus dosing pump that does alk and calcium 8 times a day currently. Below are some recent pics and I will be updating photos pretty regularly. Any questions or suggestions - fire away!

Nuvo 40.jpg

OP
OP
Clintcrabtree

Clintcrabtree

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
very nice tank.

What are your params and what do you dose besides 2 part? how often do you do water changes?
Thanks!

Salinity 1.025
Alk 8.6 to 9.0
Calcium 420-430
Nitrates 5-10
Magnesium 1285 (last time I checked)

Don't dose anything but Alk (15 ml per day) and Calcium (13ml per day).

I do a 3-4 gallon water change once a week.

OP
OP
Clintcrabtree

Clintcrabtree

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What's your husbandry? Do you have a sump or just AIO? Beautiful pictures and spectacular tank!!!

Thanks so much!

I don't have any type of sump, just the chambers in the back of the AIO. I do a 3-4 gallon water change once a week. I rinse all the sponges once a week as well.

Reef man 89

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is a beautiful 40. I have the same tank and love it. I was going to upgrade the return pump to the sicce 2.0 but wasn't sure it would fit. How did you get the 2.5 in there? Did you have to take it apart to fit it?

Denniswbliss

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow I've been looking for other nuvo 40 owners, and I find this jewel. Please tell me what you have in each chamber. Im runing a dual reactor with charcoal ,and also a ocot 1000 protein skimmer with po3 plate.im dosing nopox,alk,calcium, and red seas color program. Im 1 yr in now and my nuvo looks like s&/#t next to your diamond. Please help.

OP
OP
Clintcrabtree

Clintcrabtree

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is a beautiful 40. I have the same tank and love it. I was going to upgrade the return pump to the sicce 2.0 but wasn't sure it would fit. How did you get the 2.5 in there? Did you have to take it apart to fit it?
Yes we had to put the pump down in first and then screw the hose connector down in and connect to the two return fittings. Hope that helps!

OP
OP
Clintcrabtree

Clintcrabtree

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow I've been looking for other nuvo 40 owners, and I find this jewel. Please tell me what you have in each chamber. Im runing a dual reactor with charcoal ,and also a ocot 1000 protein skimmer with po3 plate.im dosing nopox,alk,calcium, and red seas color program. Im 1 yr in now and my nuvo looks like s&/#t next to your diamond. Please help.
Hi Dennis :)

Some builds are a constant fight and occadionally, like this one, things have just done perfectly from day one.

Looking at the front of the tank from lwft to right:

Heater and marinepure cer media spheres, next I have chaeto with a magnetic LED light on back glass which is on opposite of tank lights. In the middle chamber I have the return with some more marine pure cer media, in the next to last chamber on right I have the IM Ghost protein skimmer. In the far right chamber I have the upgrades media basket with the yellow Nuvo sponge in top divider with chemi pure blue below that. I only dose alk and calcium with a bubble magus doser (currently 15ml of alk and 13ml of calcium per day split over 12 time slots or every other hour). Hope that helps!

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 119 88.1%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 5.9%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 3.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.2%
Back