Innovative Marine NUVO Fusion 20 Sump/Filtration Setup, Hacks & Upgrades (SHOW ME YOUR SETUP!)

gmeazy01

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I built a refugium on the second chamber using bio pellets, chaeto and the IM chaeto fuge light.

My nitrates stays within 10-15 PPM and my phosphates stays 0.4-0.5 (my trachy loves them phosphates)

Also since I only have 3 chambers from nuvo 20 peninsula, I have filter sock on first chamber,then a rinsed out carbon pouch (to make sure no crushed components get into the tank).

lastly ontop of my refugium I made a DIY basket where my phosphate sponge and filter sponge are sitting on.

VERY ECONOMICAL and keeps my lps well and healthy. I also have 1 sps and its a monti :)

crys

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
On the note of showing possible upgrades and setups with the IM fusion 20, I’d like to explain my build.

in the far left chamber I have the stock caddy with the filter floss balls and a bag of chemi pure blue under it.
in the far right chamber I typically run empty atm but do use a filter sock occasionally when I need it or after water changes.
In the other two chambers besides the middle I have cut a 8x8x4 marine pure block to fit the two chambers plus the remaining to fit in my refugium.
the middle chamber holds the stock return pump and the overflow box.
underneath my tank I have an Eshopps nano cube sump with a Refugium with chaeto on a reverse light schedule. I have a Nyos quantum 120 in the skimmer compartment typically on during the day.

finally a sicce 2.0 in the return chamber in the sump. I wish I could give you parameters but besides the fact that it’s at 1.025 salinity and around 78 degrees i don’t know much else. I don’t test my tank anymore I just read it but if/when the time for dosing arrives I’ll invest in some test kits.

it’s a mixed reef (4 sps, 3 lps, 4 mushrooms)

jphilip813

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello All!

I am posting this thread to provoke discussion about the Innovative Marine NUVO Fusion 20 (and other desktop models) filtration, setup, hacks and upgrades. I will begin the discussion by presenting my filtration setup and hopefully you guys can give me pointers and discuss your own setups. What creative ideas do you guys run on your tanks?

Currently I am running...
Left Chamber:inTank Filter Floss Holder

MarinePure 1.5” Biofilter Media Spheres (14)
Middle Left Chamber:MarinePure 1.5” Biofilter Media Spheres (28)
Middle Chamber:
(bottom)
Innovative Marine 211 GPH Return
Middle Right Chamber:Innovative Marine AUQA Gadget SkimMate Ghost Protein Skimmer
Right Chamber:Innovative Marine AUQA Gadget CustomCaddy Media Basket

- Total I run 42 MarinePure Spheres
- My skimmer is running 24/7
- In my caddy, I run filter floss and carbon

Does anybody put anything on the bottom on the sump? where the middle chamber extends under the baffle chambers?

(my tank is too close to the wall to take photos right now but I will aim to update this post by the end of the week)
What kind of stand are you using for this one? I just purchased the Fusion 20 and looking for a stand with shelves

reefdoink

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am running two Intank Aquatic media baskets on the left and right over flow. I use Intanks filter pad on the top, filter floss from my LFS in the middle chamber, and the bottom on the right side a Brightwell Xport bio cube. The second chamber on the left has a bag of Chemi-pure blue. On the right sides second chamber I have the new version of the Auqa Gadget protein skimmer it runs 8 hours a day. For the return section it has a Sicce 1.0 pump and 300w finnex heater connected to a finnex controller. Inside the tank is two VCA RFG nozzles and a Nero 5 pump running at about 31% on an 8 hour schedule as well. All of it is connected to a KASA wifi power strip I can control from my phone or tablet. Its working well enough but I will adding another bio block and maybe a second bag of marine pure gems to control nitrates a little better.

Aquatic acrobat in your aquarium: Have you ever kept an eel?

• I currently keep an eel in my tank.

Votes: 29 14.7%
  • I have kept an eel in my tank in the past.

Votes: 33 16.8%
  • I have not kept an eel in my tank, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 35 17.8%
  • I have no plans to keep an eel.

Votes: 97 49.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.5%
Back