Innovative marine Nuvo fusion pro 50 gallon lagoon "Smooth Blues"

John Bolden

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This will be my first saltwater aquarium. A little about me i am 13. I've had fresh water aquariums before and found them just green and other blues and stuff so i found saltwater and was bit by the salt water bug and have been wanting a saltwater fish tank since. so my plan for this tank based off of drews lagoon 25 gallon nuvo but mine is a 50 gallon so. I'm new to this and i will be submitting my equipment list. I have a job mowing i get 10 a week then i do odd jobs in the winter for people. i make 1000 dollars a year. I live in ohio fyi. so i'm on a budget this summer the mowing did not work out becaus eof covid so in october and then 200 in december and 30 dollars a month. I don't know what type of fish im going to put into this tank but you guys probably have suggestions i will have a clown fish pair and a anemone.
'
so here's me equipment list.

Nuvo 50 aio
For now the lighting will be two noopch lights then when i have the money i will up grade to the eotech marine xr15s "two of them"
I will get the mp 10s from eotech marine
will the smallest eotech marine pump fit into the back chamber.
a media reactor by innovative marine
the dc skimmer from im
the refugium light from im
and the caddy from im
then 40 pounds of dry rock and 5 lbs of rubble.
And the upgrade for the return pump nozzle

tnw50cal

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just got a IM 50 AIO Lagoon 3 days ago(build thread coming)(IM has a sale on them right now).
Didn't yours come with a Mighty Jet pump from IM for the sump? If it did save your money on the Eotech, the Mighty Jet is a good pump.
I thought about the mp 10 and went with the Maxspect 330 instead, same price lots more flow.
Your better off spending money on a protien skimmer than turning a chamber into a refugium. A IceCap K1 will fit no problem and is better than the IM skimmer.
Also in the long run bare bottom is better than gravel(IMO).

OP
OP
John Bolden

John Bolden

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i like sand and i dont have the money now ill be saving up over the year i started this thread early becaus i want to have to best aquarium i can have

TheWB

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This will be my first saltwater aquarium. A little about me i am 13. I've had fresh water aquariums before and found them just green and other blues and stuff so i found saltwater and was bit by the salt water bug and have been wanting a saltwater fish tank since. so my plan for this tank based off of drews lagoon 25 gallon nuvo but mine is a 50 gallon so. I'm new to this and i will be submitting my equipment list. I have a job mowing i get 10 a week then i do odd jobs in the winter for people. i make 1000 dollars a year. I live in ohio fyi. so i'm on a budget this summer the mowing did not work out becaus eof covid so in october and then 200 in december and 30 dollars a month. I don't know what type of fish im going to put into this tank but you guys probably have suggestions i will have a clown fish pair and a anemone.
'
so here's me equipment list.

Nuvo 50 aio
For now the lighting will be two noopch lights then when i have the money i will up grade to the eotech marine xr15s "two of them"
I will get the mp 10s from eotech marine
will the smallest eotech marine pump fit into the back chamber.
a media reactor by innovative marine
the dc skimmer from im
the refugium light from im
and the caddy from im
then 40 pounds of dry rock and 5 lbs of rubble.
And the upgrade for the return pump nozzle
I have this tank as well. Two Noopsyches should do fine on this tank, you’ll probably find you don’t need to upgrade them. Spend your money on other things. The Ecotech S1 return pump does fit. You might want to look at the Icecap K1 or the Cadlights PLS50 as skimmer alternatives if you haven’t looked at them already. Good luck with your build.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 40 43.0%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 20 21.5%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 31 33.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.2%
Back