Innovative Marine Nuvo-INT 50 - My First Saltwater Build

DARTHROB

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone! This is my first saltwater tank. I've always owned freshwater tanks and decided to finally overcome my terror and take the plunge.

I've literally spent hours upon hours researching member post here. Thank you to everyone for your expertise and helpful pointers.

A HUGE shout out to mark7x77. His post was integral in guiding me through many of my purchases and the definitely the plumbing. I would have been lost without his pics.

Mark's post: https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/innovative-marine-nuvo-int-50-build.673093/

My Equipment (so far):
  • Tank - Innovative Marine Nuvo-INT 50
  • Stand - Innovative Marine APS Cabinet Stand
  • Sump - Trigger Systems Sapphire CUBE Sump - 20 inch
  • Pump - Current USA eFlux 6010 DC Flow Pump - 1900GPH
  • Wave Pumps - Current USA eFLux Accessory Wave Pump - 660GPH x 2
  • Light (Main) - Current USA Orbit Marine IC LED 4205 Light Fixture with LOOP Bluetooth Control - 24 - 36 Inch
  • Light (Refugium) - Innovative Marine Chaeto Max Refugium LED Light 9 watt
  • Protein Skimmer - Reef Octopus Classic 110 Space Saver Protein Skimmer
  • ATO - XP Aqua Duetto Dual-Sensor Complete Aquarium Auto-Top-Off ATO System
  • Rocks - Life Rock Shapes Aquarium Rock (20 lb box) - CaribSea (2 boxes with a couple pieces left over)
  • Sand - CaribSea Arag-Alive Special Grade Reef Sand
  • Additional Media - MarinePure High Performance Biofilter Media 1.5 inch Spheres (1 gallon)
Like mark7x77 said, the 20" Trigger sump fits the stand like a glove after the bottom door magnets are removed. The doors work fine without the bottom magnets.

I installed a cheap, USB under-cabinet LED touch light strip inside the tank stand. This makes working in there much easier.

Hopefully I'm all set when it comes to equipment. Only time will tell for the rest. I'll definitely post more once I add some sea life.

20200728_144618.jpg
20200728_144622.jpg
20200728_144625.jpg
20200728_144646.jpg
20200728_144703.jpg

AlexKintner

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tank looks great... and greetings from across the bay.

Was planning a similar build but nobody has the Int 50 in stock, so we just ordered the Ext 40.

I do have a question about IM specifications. When they reference a Drain Bulkhead Size of 1", are they referring to the size of the pipe it's intended to receive? I couldn't tell from your pics if that's 1" or 3/4" plumbing down to the sump.

Thanks!

tnw50cal

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As someone who owns a Current USA IC Pro(that's 2 light strips) on a 13" deep tank I can tell you your going to want a better one.
I am working on a IM 50 lagoon build right now and I am going with 2 Radion XR15 blues on it.

I replaced the Current USA lights with 2 AI Prime 16HDs about 6 weeks ago and I swear my coral has grown more in that 6 weeks than it did in the 11 months I used the Current. By the way you can unplug the Current lights and the Eflux pumps(I have those too) as well as the displayLoop board still work from the power supply of the pumps.

fugitiveALiEN

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any updates on your tank? I'm planning one of the INT 50s w/Cube sump as well for our front room to replace a 15g column.

reefdoink

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like you need some VCA RFG :). I have two on my Nuvo 20 and even with the stock 326gph pump I get a lot of flow.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 39 32.8%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 23.5%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 22 18.5%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 25.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back