Innovative Nuvo 200 APS stand and levelling

Forty-Two

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all - anyone have experience with the Nuvo Innovative 200 and the APS stand?

Specifically I’m curious about levelling the stand as it doesn’t have feet on it. How does one accomplish levelling with this stand? Innovative is suggesting ‘Shims’. Since this is a rectangle flat surface - I suppose I could see how this might be accomplished but it seems a little flimsy to me for such a large surface area and weight

thanks

BoxKing

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can screw in adjustable leveling feet with the proper kit.

Shims arent always the easiest to level, especially since you have to do this prior to filling the tank; or fill with tap water after you shim to test the weighted results.

OP
OP
Forty-Two

Forty-Two

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks - do you know if feet come with it? Or do you have to drill your own holes and find the right ones?

BoxKing

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No clue if they come with the stand.

I’d look into a kit where you drill out larger holes, drop in metal inserts/brackets that the adjustable feet will screw into. Im not sure of the quality of wood on the IM Stands, so this would ensure there would be no cracking.

Something along these lines… buying three sets of these would work. 2 for ever corner, offset 3” from the intersection points on all four corners. Two off centered on the front and rear panels.

Devaji

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all - anyone have experience with the Nuvo Innovative 200 and the APS stand?

Specifically I’m curious about levelling the stand as it doesn’t have feet on it. How does one accomplish levelling with this stand? Innovative is suggesting ‘Shims’. Since this is a rectangle flat surface - I suppose I could see how this might be accomplished but it seems a little flimsy to me for such a large surface area and weight

thanks
did you get the stand? I am thinking about the same tank and was wondering about the same thing.

Back