Insane New CULTURED Maxima Clams JUST POSTED

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

OP
OP
PacificEastAquaculture

PacificEastAquaculture

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
New Clams Posted

20181211_1046262_zpsw8tmmwqi.jpg

See them all here:
https://pacificeastaquaculture.com/collections/clams-2

OP
OP
PacificEastAquaculture

PacificEastAquaculture

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cultured Maxima Clams
•Fully Sustainable Aquaculture
•Beautiful Colors
•Fully Conditioned
•Easy to Keep
•Do Not Need Supplemental Feeding

V_N3042_2000x_zpsyxjlebmj.jpg

Free Priority Overnight Shipping orders over $249, $24.99 orders $150-$248

Buy Beautiful Cultured Clams Here:
https://pacificeastaquaculture.com/collections/clams-2?page=3

U

User1

View Badges
:( To a border near you is the best I can do.
Lol. Written to the theme of Mission Impossibly playing in the background...

On a more serious note I've been doing some reading around the inter-webz and the general consensus says you guys are the best source for clams. Both quality of shipment and survival rate. I was actually looking around your store (web) earlier this morning during a meeting (don't rate me out please) and have to say everything looked natural and healthy. Do you guys sell any in the 3" - 3 1/2" range?

While I'm not personally ready it was something I was just looking for when I place an order for my first clam. While I wouldn't expect any issues it seems most say a little larger is good when starting out. That and of course picking a easier to care for clam. But again - really looks great and glad I caught this post.

Kyl

And how does it feel like, to wake up in the sun
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
FYI to any Canadians, please do not think of just buying clams in the US and bringing them back. I realize those posts were a bit of jest, but a big warning:

Bringing clams across the border without the proper CITES export and related import permits and paperwork is highly illegal and can land the importer jail time, asset seizure (vehicle) and most certainly a fine in the tens of thousands for illegal trafficking of a level II species. You can add all LPS and SPS corals to this as well, do not bring them back.

Unfortunately this is how the regulatory system works, so for items like these your only realistic option is a Canadian vendor.

@PacificEastAquaculture Don't mean to hi-jack this, but it's a rather serious topic. Envious of those clams, you hit the jack pot on this one!

OP
OP
PacificEastAquaculture

PacificEastAquaculture

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
FYI to any Canadians, please do not think of just buying clams in the US and bringing them back. I realize those posts were a bit of jest, but a big warning:

Bringing clams across the border without the proper CITES export and related import permits and paperwork is highly illegal and can land the importer jail time, asset seizure (vehicle) and most certainly a fine in the tens of thousands for illegal trafficking of a level II species. You can add all LPS and SPS corals to this as well, do not bring them back.

Unfortunately this is how the regulatory system works, so for items like these your only realistic option is a Canadian vendor.

@PacificEastAquaculture Don't mean to hi-jack this, but it's a rather serious topic. Envious of those clams, you hit the jack pot on this one!

Indeed, smuggling anywhere is certainly unwise. Many folks have gone to prison for such activities.

Since we are the importers of the clams, we can acquire re-export CITES permits and export legally outside the US. We have done this before to wholesaler customers. The process involves applying for the permit and paying a fee, plus paying for US Fish & Wildlife inspection at the point of export. Likely there would be inspection and fees on your side. So, unless a large enough quantity is purchased it would be quite costly on a per item basis for small orders.

Last edited:

fermentedhiker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP
OP
PacificEastAquaculture

PacificEastAquaculture

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think saying they are "easy" is a bit much. At least when it comes to maxima.

Cultured Maxima clams that we sell are easy to keep. We get in hundreds and never have any losses. They adapt well to a variety of lighting. We have kept some under cheapie LEDs for 4+ years.

fermentedhiker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cultured Maxima clams that we sell are easy to keep.

Not blaming you or your clams, but the green I got on the recent sale didn't last a week. It was placed beside my existing blue that's been doing well for months. The smaller gold I got from you on the same order is doing OK. I'm sending in an ICP test later this week to see if something was off, but I haven't lost any SPS and my Caribbean thorny oyster is still going strong. Too be clear I'm not dissing you or your product. Just saying labeling them as easy might be setting some people up for disappointment.

OP
OP
PacificEastAquaculture

PacificEastAquaculture

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not blaming you or your clams, but the green I got on the recent sale didn't last a week. It was placed beside my existing blue that's been doing well for months. The smaller gold I got from you on the same order is doing OK. I'm sending in an ICP test later this week to see if something was off, but I haven't lost any SPS and my Caribbean thorny oyster is still going strong. Too be clear I'm not dissing you or your product. Just saying labeling them as easy might be setting some people up for disappointment.

Sorry to hear about your loss. Please contact us at [email protected] to discuss so we can try to figure it out. Generally though, these clams are easy to keep.

Last edited:

CardiNole

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've ordered many clams them (7 to be exact, and all are thriving). Hands down the best clams in the market. They arrive healthy and frequently lager than advertised. Absolutely no pests, or even algae (I have no idea how they manage to get them algae free). The pics are dead on. The latest batch looks like a watercolor painting in my tank. Couldn't be happier.

OP
OP
PacificEastAquaculture

PacificEastAquaculture

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've ordered many clams them (7 to be exact, and all are thriving). Hands down the best clams in the market. They arrive healthy and frequently lager than advertised. Absolutely no pests, or even algae (I have no idea how they manage to get them algae free). The pics are dead on. The latest batch looks like a watercolor painting in my tank. Couldn't be happier.

Thanks, great to hear, we appreciate your support!

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 46 35.4%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 28 21.5%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.7%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.7%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 32 24.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.1%
Back