Inspired by Mr. Young

vcollins9850

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not quite on that level, but a few of my current faves in tank. Please feel free to post your favorite corals you currently house or have in the past. Love to see what everyone has going locally ;)

BB8C8B5F-7609-41C6-84F8-ADDF73DD8AFC.jpeg AD618FC2-E28B-488D-AF34-3C95CA4DD133.jpeg 41361A4E-8E09-4AA5-B5BB-459222ECAD4E.jpeg ACE98078-BBC4-447B-A87B-09AA981506DF.jpeg 7D680E28-C039-4AD2-9FBF-D6E9490BC724.jpeg D21FE891-CC61-4BC4-9A84-DE3722A344D1.jpeg

OP
OP
V

vcollins9850

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
WOW those 2 first pics look amazing! Chalices right?
Yep. First one is cherry corals cloudberry. Second one no idea. I got it from Reeflife when I first started tank. It’s got that wonky growth pattern because it went through all my initial tank issues and somehow survived. It’s probably changed colors 3 times since I got it. Used to be reddish pink, then turned a dull yellow and finally settled to gold color with purple rim.
when you are home def want to see pics of a couple of your prize pieces.
hope tank is well and how did all your see lab stuff go? Have no concept of time at the moment, can’t remember if that was last summer or one before??

Dilan Patel

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Yep. First one is cherry corals cloudberry. Second one no idea. I got it from Reeflife when I first started tank. It’s got that wonky growth pattern because it went through all my initial tank issues and somehow survived. It’s probably changed colors 3 times since I got it. Used to be reddish pink, then turned a dull yellow and finally settled to gold color with purple rim.
when you are home def want to see pics of a couple of your prize pieces.
hope tank is well and how did all your see lab stuff go? Have no concept of time at the moment, can’t remember if that was last summer or one before??
Man I wish I could post pics of some of my stuff but I lost a huge chunk of everything while I was gone last summer and wasn’t able to address the issue until the end of November. But things are slowly improving now its just a waiting game. The Sea lab experience went extreamly well. Met great people and had lots of fun taking classes on the beach haha. Im actually really excited about this semester as it is my last semester before I graduate as well as I was given an opportunity to do some undergraduate research in the Marine Biology field!

OP
OP
V

vcollins9850

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Man I wish I could post pics of some of my stuff but I lost a huge chunk of everything while I was gone last summer and wasn’t able to address the issue until the end of November. But things are slowly improving now its just a waiting game. The Sea lab experience went extreamly well. Met great people and had lots of fun taking classes on the beach haha. Im actually really excited about this semester as it is my last semester before I graduate as well as I was given an opportunity to do some undergraduate research in the Marine Biology field!
I’m sure you’ll have tank back to standard soon. Good luck with yourlast semester, hope you get a fun project to do your research with

PedroYoung

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
;) Saying Peter or Pedro didn’t seem to give your photography the respect it deserves!
Ha, I'm just a dude who prob spends too much time gazing and shooting pics of my tank. I shot tonight for prob 30 min and only got 2 keepers (barely).

lightning tip by Peter Young, on Flickr

chaos by Peter Young, on Flickr

practice makes perfect (or crazy, take your pick). :p

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 109 58.0%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 55 29.3%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 67 35.6%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 32 17.0%
  • Other

Votes: 57 30.3%
Back