Installed 3 20” penteks for house filtration now ro pressure pump won’t stay on?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

TX_Punisher

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i just installed 3 big blue Penteks for whole house filtration. I’m getting over 60psi through the system and figured, what the heck, I’ll feed my do/di off a saddle valve AFTER the new filters and cut my feed tds in half and see extended life from my buckeye system.

Everything worked fine before the install with no filters. Now my pressure pump will not stay on for more that’s a second or two. I’ve checked the saddle valve and it’s flowing water so it’s pierced the PVC but I’m guessing somehow the filters are causing a lack of supply (gph wise) to feed my pressure pump. My showers and faucets are all flowing just fine post filter install. A little lost on this one.

Is it possible to feed an ro system with pressure pump from a pressure tank? The tank would store pre-filtered water and just be a reservoir to feed from.

Any thoughts on this one, Russ?

Thanks.
Ryan

MTBake

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We're you always using a saddle valve to supply the system?

I've never needed a pressure pump as I have 70psi coming into the house from the city. But I have read that a pressure pump needs unrestricted flow to function properly. The hole the saddle valve created on the pipe might not be large enough to supply enough volume to the pump. Just a thought.

OP
OP
TX_Punisher

TX_Punisher

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We're you always using a saddle valve to supply the system?

I've never needed a pressure pump as I have 70psi coming into the house from the city. But I have read that a pressure pump needs unrestricted flow to function properly. The hole the saddle valve created on the pipe might not be large enough to supply enough volume to the pump. Just a thought.

Yes, I used a saddle valve for 2 years before I installed the POE filters. I added a new one as I cut the old plumbing out and it was time for a fresh one anyway. I was thinking about a possible obstruction myself or the needle did not pierce all the way. I'll have to shut the water off and pull the saddle portion off to look into the pvc and possibly open that up a hair. If that doesn't work, I'm just guessing I'm not getting enough "on-demand" water from so close to my last (the third) 20" filter as my setup is quite tight. There's less than 4" of pipe coming out of the last filter where I tapped into the pvc with the saddle valve.

Buckeye Hydro

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Better late than never...

You must have a low pressure switch prior to the pump.

Are your big blue filters clogged?

What is the length and diameter of the tubing feeding the pump?

In our experience you are asking for trouble trying to feed a booster pump from a self piercing saddle. I'd replace that fitting (let us know if you need suggestions) and I suspect your low pressure switch will no longer trip and the pump will run fine.

Russ

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 35 34.3%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 21 20.6%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 8.8%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 6 5.9%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 28 27.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.9%
Back