Installing a Uniseal to your water storage containers! | BRStv How-To

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

VJV

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Randy, it seems this vid did not get the love it deserved . If my mixing station consists of two 50g containers (RO on top and Salt water below) can I use a uniseal at the bottom of the RO container with a valve and connect it with another uniseal to the saltwater container below ? Would the 50 g water pressure not push the pipe out of the uniseal?

I wish you guys did a how to on setting up a water mixing station...

Thanks

OP
OP
randyBRS

randyBRS

BRStv Host :-)
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Randy, it seems this vid did not get the love it deserved . If my mixing station consists of two 50g containers (RO on top and Salt water below) can I use a uniseal at the bottom of the RO container with a valve and connect it with another uniseal to the saltwater container below ? Would the 50 g water pressure not push the pipe out of the uniseal?
I wish you guys did a how to on setting up a water mixing station...
Thanks

Thanks! We have a 90+gal container full of RODI water at all times with a uniseal spout at the bottom (which gets used dozens of times daily) and I still have no fear of it being forced out by pressure. Granted, our plumbing is from the side of the container and not on the bottom so the pressure is not directly pushing downward on the entire uniseal. I would imagine that with an elbow on the end of the pipe inside the container you would be ok, but personally I would rather come out of the side of the top container and then down into the top of the other.

My main reason for this rather than going on the bottom, I want access to my RO water with the turn of a valve, which may be difficult if it's straight plumbed to the top of my SW tank below.

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 30 18.1%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 27 16.3%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 32 19.3%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 69 41.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.8%
Back