Intank Chamber 2 for Waterbox 10 won't fit...

Cell

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently purchased an intank Chamber 2 media basket for my Waterbox 10 and it won't fit. The bottom slides in pretty tight and about 3/4 of the way in, won't go in further unless I force it. I tried this once and could barely get it out. I measured it and it's about 1/16" wider on top than on bottom. I assume it's just a manufacturing defect and the plastic didn't get bent quite right. I purchased from and emailed Marine Depot about it and am awaiting a response. They might just kick it over to intank directly.

Anyone else ever have this issue with inTank media baskets?

MuscleBobBuffPants

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The chambers in the AIO of the Waterbox are glued in by hand. It’s possibly that human error caused the baffles to be glued in at an angle which is preventing the intank chamber from fitting. I watched a YouTube video of someone with this exact same problem. What you need to do is cut along one of the seams of the intank chamber, cut off a thin strip and then superglue it back together again. It’s a straightforward DIY process. Luckily for my Waterbox 10 the baffles were glued in correctly.

This is the video. Good luck!

OP
OP
Cell

Cell

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, I paid $43 for this. I shouldn't have to hack it apart and superglue it together to make it work. inTank needs to account for any manufacturer variation. If I have to cut apart and glue, I might as well just make my own.

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 3 3.7%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 47 58.0%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 23 28.4%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 5 6.2%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 3 3.7%
Back