InTank media basket for Fluval Evo 13.5 chamber 2 suggestions

Starkrost

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all. Just received the media basket for chamber two. My nitrates keep hovering around 40 despite water changes. All other parameters look great. So I decided to get rid of the stock foam block filter and try a media basket. But I really need some suggestions on how to layer it please. There are 3 chambers but the middle shelf can come out so I have a large bottom chamber and a smaller upper chamber. And please ignore my messy office. It’s been some week!

image.jpg

msjboy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Always wanted one of those but up here in Canada, kinda expensive. Can you tell me the dimensions of it. Might try making something similar for my EVO 13.5.

OP
OP
Starkrost

Starkrost

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ll measure it in the morning.
8.5 inches tall, 3.5 inches wide, 2 7/8 inches front to back. Top shelf is 2 3/8 inches from the top. Middle (removable shelf) is 5.5 inches from the top. Sorry, you’ll have to convert to metric. My ruler doesn’t even have centimeters

kasso187

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
you have to make sure you plug the little "emergency" hole for correct flow.
I also had a nitrate problem and tried seachem de-nitrate, marine pure bio-balls, purigen, chemipure, etc... nothing worked. I upgraded tanks so I never corrected the problem, but had I kept it, I think the next step would be carbon dosing (NoPox).

jx.reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I run the Intank media baskets on my Nuvo 20 with filter floss / chemipure blue / brightwell xport bio cubes. I actually have issues getting nutrients up in the tank and have to dose Red Sea energy daily to get nitrates to ~10.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 24 25.0%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 18 18.8%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 24 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back