Interesting 10 Gallon Inhabitant Ideas

Hypnotoad

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What’s up gang,

In an effort to make my home office in the basement guest room less depressing, I set up an insta-tank 10g standard using mostly rock/coral/gear gear I already had lying around.

It actually turned out pretty nice.

I’m looking for something interesting to put in there.

My first thought was that a reef lobster living in a tacky little resin cottage with gsp growing on the roof would be amusing, but it looks like they get too big and I’m hoping to keep this thing bare bottom for ease of maintenance.
Still might get a tiny one and rehome once it gets too big.

I’m open to all ideas including weird ones like the single invert tank idea I just mentioned (but not a mantis shrimp because they creep me out).

Needs to be coral-safe(ish), but that’s the only requirement other than being on in a small tank.

Tiny jerk fish you wouldn’t want in a community tank? Some weird crab/shrimp I might not know about? Hit me.

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
CCE74A5C-53A0-4F37-BA2A-102BC48F10AA.gif

Fishfreak2009

Follow Your Passions!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Purple reef lobster, a single damsel from the Chrysiptera genus or Pomacentrus genus, a smaller mantis shrimp, or even a single smaller dottyback species would look nice. I kept a leaf scorpionfish in a macroalgae dominant fluval evo 13.5 gallon for over a year with no issues as well. Looked great. Traded him into a LFS when we tore it down, he lives in their display fuge now

Jib

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think Sexy Shrimp are really cool. Definitely going to get a group of them at some point for my tank. They work out well for nano tanks because they are so small you'll actually be able to enjoy them.

ZoWhat

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What’s up gang,

In an effort to make my home office in the basement guest room less depressing, I set up an insta-tank 10g standard using mostly rock/coral/gear gear I already had lying around.

It actually turned out pretty nice.

I’m looking for something interesting to put in there.

My first thought was that a reef lobster living in a tacky little resin cottage with gsp growing on the roof would be amusing, but it looks like they get too big and I’m hoping to keep this thing bare bottom for ease of maintenance.
Still might get a tiny one and rehome once it gets too big.

I’m open to all ideas including weird ones like the single invert tank idea I just mentioned (but not a mantis shrimp because they creep me out).

Needs to be coral-safe(ish), but that’s the only requirement other than being on in a small tank.

Tiny jerk fish you wouldn’t want in a community tank? Some weird crab/shrimp I might not know about? Hit me.
Go with the lobster. If it gets too big... eat em

homer simpson lobster GIF

fcmatt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sigh. This is the house to have. Yours is cool but only the finest would go in my tank.

103773._AC_SL1500_V1468354329_.jpg

images.png

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 31.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 25.0%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 19 19.0%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back