Interesting and Beautiful Stuffs in the Garden

OrionN

Anemones
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anybody here are gardeners? What interesting things are happening in your gardens?

This morning I saw a very rare thing but was too slow to find my camera and only got the end of it. I saw a Queen Ant the morning after her mating flight. She was in the process of chewing her wings off to settle down and start a colony. When I saw her on my rose bush, she was in the process of chewing her wings off, but still has two wings on one side. By the time I got back with the camera, she chew all the wings off, but they were still on the leave and the stump of her wings on her thorax are still plainly visible. I wish I was able to take picture and video of the process, but I manage to took the following pictures. After getting her wings off she proceed to craw to the ground to start a new colony.

I can imagine how rare it is to see a Queen Ant at this particular time of her life.
QueenAnt1.jpg QueenAnt2.jpg QueenAnt3.jpg

fish farmer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I finally got all my veggie starts planted the other day and we got a good soaking rain last night. Zone 4, so things are still pretty small, but my arugula is starting to bolt some so I may plant another batch.

OP
OP
OrionN

OrionN

Anemones
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Redwood in the east coast. Somebody plant a stand of these Redwood Trees on the coast of Virginia. I took these pictures in the Norfolk Botanical Garden, Norfolk, Virginia. They are not huge like the ones in CA or OR, still they are very large and tall. Head and shoulder above everything else there.
9529ADA9-127C-4821-85AF-C1F1098A3BE7.jpeg 62BFF90A-6CBD-478B-8043-8741A300C10C.jpeg AC0F87D5-102F-4B46-85C3-890ACAC73A76.jpeg

OP
OP
OrionN

OrionN

Anemones
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Koi pond and bonsai nut here.

I finally got all my veggie starts planted the other day and we got a good soaking rain last night. Zone 4, so things are still pretty small, but my arugula is starting to bolt some so I may plant another batch.
Pictures would be nice.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 41 85.4%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 2 4.2%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 2 4.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 6.3%
Back