Internal parasites or intestines?

Wowkuh

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What is it? And what can I do to treat. been eating for months and then suddenly stopped a few days ago and then this showed up.

received_413411916165103.jpeg

ngoodermuth

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Could be an intestinal worm, he’s not eating at all?

If he isn’t eating, you could try dosing prazipro. It is *relatively* reef safe, but you have to be careful to keep the tank well-aerated and if you have a large feather-duster or bristle-worm population could be problematic. Also, be very careful not to over-dose, keeping displacement from rocks/corals/sand etc in mind.

If dosing prazi gets him feeling well enough to start eating again, then you can switch to General Cure + Focus soaked food.

Internal Pathogens
https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?sh...reads/Internal-Pathogens.267419/&share_type=t

OP
OP
W

Wowkuh

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Could be an intestinal worm, he’s not eating at all?

If he isn’t eating, you could try dosing prazipro. It is *relatively* reef safe, but you have to be careful to keep the tank well-aerated and if you have a large feather-duster or bristle-worm population could be problematic. Also, be very careful not to over-dose, keeping displacement from rocks/corals/sand etc in mind.

If dosing prazi gets him feeling well enough to start eating again, then you can switch to General Cure + Focus soaked food.

Internal Pathogens
https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?share_fid=1020&share_tid=267419&url=https://www.reef2reef.com/index.php?threads/Internal-Pathogens.267419/&share_type=t
Thanks so much

OP
OP
W

Wowkuh

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is it safe to use seachem safe/prime for an ammonia rescue with prazi?

ngoodermuth

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve never used it with Prazi, personally. It’s ok to use with antibiotics when no copper is present, but in general it’s better to use Bio-Spira or similar instead since Prime is more of a bandaid anyway.

OP
OP
W

Wowkuh

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve never used it with Prazi, personally. It’s ok to use with antibiotics when no copper is present, but in general it’s better to use Bio-Spira or similar instead since Prime is more of a bandaid anyway.

10-4 thank you

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 34 44.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 19 24.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 22 28.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.6%
Back