International Members where do you shop?

Stuartmercer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know this thread is a bit older but can you tell me your experience with Big Al's and their coral? I happened to be in the Toronto store getting some stuff for my freshwater fish so I decided to take a look at their reef livestock. Holy cow the coral frags were huge and cheap. They looked fairly healthy as well. I kept wondering what was wrong with them to be so big and cheap. :)
I've had good experience with their corals, although, I lack much experience with them. Otherwise, I've never had one die!

Karen00

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had good experience with their corals, although, I lack much experience with them. Otherwise, I've never had one die!
Nice! Not having them die is pretty important! Haha. One more question... Did they come with hitchhiker's or did you dip and/or quarantine first? The corals I saw looked really healthy but I wasn't sure how safe the tanks were. It looked like hitchhikers could be camping out in their tanks. :) I just couldn't get over how big each one was. :)

Stuartmercer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice! Not having them die is pretty important! Haha. One more question... Did they come with hitchhiker's or did you dip and/or quarantine first? The corals I saw looked really healthy but I wasn't sure how safe the tanks were. It looked like hitchhikers could be camping out in their tanks. :) I just couldn't get over how big each one was. :)
As a safety measure you should always dip your corals, as I did. But no there was nothing but copepods from the corals I bought. Although each location is different, so some might be more pest -ridden than others. Always dip.

Karen00

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As a safety measure you should always dip your corals, as I did. But no there was nothing but copepods from the corals I bought. Although each location is different, so some might be more pest -ridden than others. Always dip.
Thanks so much! Yes, I plan to dip but wanted to be prepared in case anything scary jumped off the frags! Haha.

livinlifeinBKK

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm in Bangkok. most of our marine shops are located at one major market that's sells everything and anything depending on what part you visit there are several saltwater shops a few of which are good...as for the others, you can get some decent livestock if you get to it before it's been there too long because I highly doubt they're well treated at some of the shops. All in all I like shopping for livestock here a lot more than when I was in the States because some really cool and rarely seen fish and inverts come in all the time that you'd never see in America. Oh, and $30 for most any fish would be considered ridiculously expensive! They get to the shop from the ocean a LOT faster and sell a LOT cheaper in most cases.

Back