International Members where do you shop?

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hey all you international members where do you shop for livestock and dry goods?

Also tell us where you are from?

Cory

More than 25 years reefing
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im from Canada and i drive to Edmonton 4.5 hours away as there are no stores here. I usually buy from Aquarium Illusions, Big Als or a local reefer on Kijiji for frags. Id buy from BRS but their shipping rates to Canada are as much as what im buying!

maroun.c

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm from lebanon, used to travel frequently so shopped mainly when I was on travel as quality supplies aren't available locally. Usually travelled to MACNA which is always a good chance for quality frags. Fish I buy locally whatever I find thats on my list but have also bought fish from travel to Europe or dubai as there's regular good shipments there. Also buy many corals from dubai when there as there's good arrivals as well as a good reefing community there with stores into farming now as well as reefers fragging and trading..

davidcalgary29

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im from Canada and i drive to Edmonton 4.5 hours away as there are no stores here. I usually buy from Aquarium Illusions, Big Als or a local reefer on Kijiji for frags. Id buy from BRS but their shipping rates to Canada are as much as what im buying!
Me too! New Dawn Aquaculture is an excellent source for captive-bred fish and well-priced coral frags; Marine Experience offers overnight shipping of livestock, which is critical in the wintertime. I've also ordered from two suppliers in Ontario (Fragbox and BigShow Frags); shipping and customer service for both are excellent.

DxMarinefish

GazuntaiReef
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
From the England.
I mainly shop local from two shops Oasis Aquatics and Abyss Aquatic. I also buy from local reefers and sometimes from established and reputable online retailers like Charterhouse Aquatics and eBay shops. I do online only in Summer and for items I just cannot get locally.

Tastee

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m from Sydney, Australia and I shop at my LFS’s - at the moment mostly Hurstville Aquariums and Aquaristic in Roseberry. My tanks and some of my livestock came from Majestic Aquariums in Taren Point and they are a high quality outlet as well.

We have a good quality supply chain Down Under with a lot of our corals and fish coming from Cairns in Northern QLD. Dry goods and hardware vary, two things I have noticed is that AquaForest has a stronger penetration into Australia than it seems to in the US and we have a lot less options when it comes to hardware and food than the US does. Frozen food isn’t too bad (Ocean Nutrition and Hikari dominate) but pellet and freeze dried options are quite limited.

NigelRichardson

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Melbourne, Australia here

Great stock - and (more importantly) great advice and support from Reef Galleria in South Melbourne

I may be more than a little biased based on the fact that they're about 1/2 a mile from my house... And yes, I do realist how lucky I am in more ways than one...

ReefRusty

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
From Australia-Perth..

Shop at ocean marine or Gallery Aquarium both within 2k of my house. And shop at the local beach for NSW which is only 5k from my house.

We get some nice corals but most of the nice ones are from east coast so the prices tag on them 10folds.

LgTas

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tasmania, Australia. Only local shop is Hobart Pet Centre which usually has limited stock. Otherwise it's online stores like reefsecrets.com.au, geemarine.com.au, oceanarium.com.au etc. I bought my Waterbox from Bunarong in Melbourne. Their customer service was top notch.

trout

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am from the UK. I buy my fish and fish food from my local fish stores. I buy dry goods online, which means some goods come from the US and some from Germany.

OP
OP
revhtree

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Awesome info so far! I know we have more international though! We had right at 1.4 Million international "users", as Google puts it, come here last year alone!

Stuartmercer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Aquarium Illusions is definetely a win!

PEP12

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am from South England plenty of LFS near me, Reef dreams in Winchester has an awesome choice of SPS coral, for hard ware and food Etc HO2 aquatics in London are exceptional with very quick delivery

Karen00

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm from Canads and I buy from fragbox corals, candy corals, big als and aquarium illusions! I dont purchase anything outside of Canada for shipping reasons.
I know this thread is a bit older but can you tell me your experience with Big Al's and their coral? I happened to be in the Toronto store getting some stuff for my freshwater fish so I decided to take a look at their reef livestock. Holy cow the coral frags were huge and cheap. They looked fairly healthy as well. I kept wondering what was wrong with them to be so big and cheap. :)

Back