Interview style articles at R2R... what are some topics you'd like to see us cover or some people you'd like us to talk to?

What types of R2R interview articles are you most excited about?

• Specific reef topics! (List the ones you'd like to see us cover in the thread.)

Votes: 82 40.2%
  • Specific reef personalities! (List the people you'd like us to interview in the thread.)

Votes: 11 5.4%
  • Not that concerned about the topics...I just wanna see the awesome PICTURES!

Votes: 37 18.1%
  • All of the above!! ...and yes, I'll list some in the thread. :-)

Votes: 74 36.3%

• Total voters

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Reef Talk .png

So, I'm thinking about us possibly doing some really cool interview style articles for R2R. These could cover a variety of topics and a bunch of different people. In this thread, I'd like to get some of your ideas on what these could look like. Some of the ideas I have off the top of my head are things like...

- conversations with experts on specific types of corals.
- conversations about what someone should know before starting a coral business.
- conversations with a wholesaler.
- conversations about starting and running a reef club.
- or any other number of topics you guys can help me come up with...

So...what do you think? Good idea? Bad idea?

What are some topics we should interview people about?

Also, who are some people you'd like us to interview? I've got a few in mind, but who are some reef personalities you'd like to get to know (and what should we ask them)?

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I like it!

A few interview topics may be:
* A behind the scenes look at live sales (with suggested tips and tricks) by interviewing a few R2R vendors
* An interview about conservation and reef tank(s) using a home setup
* Marine Science, Stem, and Reefing in the classroom
* The potential for collaboration between hobbyists and academic researchers (from an academic researcher's perspective)
* Challenges, experiences, and oddities in the life of a fish veterinarian
* A day in the life of a public aquarium volunteer

mdb_talon

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Would love to see interviews about some of the "old" pioneers in the hobby and discussing how things have changed over time in terms of our understanding of how to create a sucessful reef aquarium. I grew up reading books by these guys and just would love to hear where they think the hobby is now.

OP
OP
Daniel@R2R

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I think the Rev should send Daniel to Hawaii for a month to get to the bottom of this Hawaiian-Ban on tropical fish....then report back
russell wilson lol GIF by Alaska Airlines
I like this one. @revhtree can we do this one? :D

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
This is going to be really fun!

Ippyroy

Defeater of Dinos
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would love to see some interviews with the guys at ipsf.com, BIOTA, ORA, and AquaBiomics. Daniel should definitely do the interview for ipsf.com.
Basically I would like to see and learn more about building and adding the bacteria that is needed to run a successful and thriving tank using dry rock.

Last edited:

Ippyroy

Defeater of Dinos
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would also like to see some interviews on reef tanks for vets. Fish of Hex works with them and I believe he is a pretty entertaining guy. I would be interested in just about any interview that deals with the positive affects of reefing. It has helped my anxiety an unbelievable amount.

NeonRabbit221B

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think the personalities and people in reefing. Love an indepth interview with PaulB, Jay, Randy or other "master" in their field. The idea of learning about wholesalers, small business owners, ect would keep me entertained too. I think the reefing topics bit has been done too well by BRS.

CMMorgan

Counting my blessings...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think the Rev should send Daniel to Hawaii for a month to get to the bottom of this Hawaiian-Ban on tropical fish....then report back
russell wilson lol GIF by Alaska Airlines
How much did Daniel pay you to post that? (Or did he promise you could come along to take pictures?)

Mr_Knightley

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would love to see some interviews with content creators (from Youtube, Instagram, etc) talking about their setups and how they were inspired to begin making content. Another thing that could be awesome would be an artist interview type deal, where you would talk with reef-related artists about how thy get inspired and why they do what they do, along with maybe an overview of some of their best works.
Excited to see what the new articles bring!

XRayLee

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Reef Talk .png

So, I'm thinking about us possibly doing some really cool interview style articles for R2R. These could cover a variety of topics and a bunch of different people. In this thread, I'd like to get some of your ideas on what these could look like. Some of the ideas I have off the top of my head are things like...

- conversations with experts on specific types of corals.
- conversations about what someone should know before starting a coral business.
- conversations with a wholesaler.
- conversations about starting and running a reef club.
- or any other number of topics you guys can help me come up with...

So...what do you think? Good idea? Bad idea?

What are some topics we should interview people about?

Also, who are some people you'd like us to interview? I've got a few in mind, but who are some reef personalities you'd like to get to know (and what should we ask them)?
Difference between IO Salt & Marine Salt. Which is better?

kevin318

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd be interested in topics like:
1. Tank planning, which corals, high middle, low, for a reef looking outcome, specific corals types. Don't overload because they are small now, three year from now you'll have an awesome nature looking reef tank
2. How do you trim them back to keep your reef tank looking nature. Example: Duncan coral, grows pretty fast, how do you cut that back without killing it?
3. How to identify and kill or keep in check some common reef pests. Vermetid snails, flat worms, nudibranch, etc.
4. Lowering nitrates without all of the expensive high tech equipment.

Aquatic acrobat in your aquarium: Have you ever kept an eel?

• I currently keep an eel in my tank.

Votes: 26 14.3%
  • I have kept an eel in my tank in the past.

Votes: 31 17.0%
  • I have not kept an eel in my tank, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 28 15.4%
  • I have no plans to keep an eel.

Votes: 94 51.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.6%
Back