Interview style articles at R2R... what are some topics you'd like to see us cover or some people you'd like us to talk to?

What types of R2R interview articles are you most excited about?

• Specific reef topics! (List the ones you'd like to see us cover in the thread.)

Votes: 82 40.2%
  • Specific reef personalities! (List the people you'd like us to interview in the thread.)

Votes: 11 5.4%
  • Not that concerned about the topics...I just wanna see the awesome PICTURES!

Votes: 37 18.1%
  • All of the above!! ...and yes, I'll list some in the thread. :-)

Votes: 74 36.3%

• Total voters

Mann_Cave_Corals

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Topics I would like to see:
1) Acropora placement, Flow & Parameters.
2) Mixed reef tanks, Flow & Parameters.
3) Trace element dosing (For Dummies)
4) Interview: Shane Backer-SBB Corals, Michael Paletta & Michael Salcedo-Speed reefer corals.

rusty hannon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I hope this hasn't been said yet as I've not read all the posts but I am interested in peoples past and present ideas of ,worthy, marine life to purchase. Example, when I started this life style, not hobby, things like snapping shrimp, bristle worms and many other critters were killed on site. Now its 50$ for a snapping shrimp , 10 bristle worms for 20$ and so on. I'm just curious if capitalism plays a part in this or have we become more accepting of all life , as it should be. Just my input and curiosity.

TK_KW

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Collection/Price justification

I'd like to see a site visit to how collection happens for fish and coral. And show us why prices get driven through the roof for certain fish/acros, etc.....

kevin318

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had posted this earlier from my phone and auto correct got the best of me.....LOL
I'd be interested in topics like:
1. Tank planning today for what the tank will look like it a couple of years. Which corals, placement: high middle, low, specific corals, so that you end up with a nature looking reef. Don't overload your tank because the corals are small now, three year from now, you'll have an awesome nature looking reef tank
2. How do you trim them back to keep your reef tank looking nature. Example: Duncan coral, grows pretty fast, how do you cut that back without killing it?
3. How to identify and kill or keep in check some common reef pests. Vermetid snails, flat worms, nudibranch, etc.
4. Lowering nitrates without all of the expensive high tech equipment.

Clownfish_Boy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Would love to see interviews about some of the "old" pioneers in the hobby and discussing how things have changed over time in terms of our understanding of how to create a sucessful reef aquarium. I grew up reading books by these guys and just would love to hear where they think the hobby is now.
Paul B. here on R2R is a very interesting guy who is an old pioneer, he has had his tank going for 50 years !

JumboShrimp

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All R2R Staff/Moderators should be interviewed, and given a chance to talk about their favorite tank. That would be fun. :)

zukihara

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd like to see the guy at Reef Moonshiners interviewed.

shining tv series GIF

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Interview the wives of reefers and see why they dont support us in this hobby!
This is not a good Idea... I don't want my wife to know I have a fish tank :oops:

fish farmer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd like to see interviews with industry leaders like Walt Smith, etc, individuals who are on the front lines providing us with livestock. With all the shutdowns, shipping issues, public perception, etc. what are the steps forward being implemented to continue positive outcomes in fish/coral keeping?

Possibly interview some marine scientists/government officials for their insight as well.

Revnobody

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Where do I find this show? Nothing beats seeing mistakes being corrected. Most people have their tanks go bad and they tear it down and never speak of it again.
I think you are going to have to make the show but it sounds like a great idea. haha. Your description just reminded me of Bar Rescue with Jon Taffer. :)

Ippyroy

Defeater of Dinos
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think you are going to have to make the show but it sounds like a great idea. haha. Your description just reminded me of Bar Rescue with Jon Taffer. :)
Exactly. Imagine Mr.Saltwater TV doing Skype or Zoom or whatever with tank that is just horrible. He could do a couple of live talks with the owner and have him do whatever is needed to correct the issues and turn it into a thriving reef. That is why I am on here. I'm not here to read about other people's success, I am trying to fix my mistakes. Finding how to fix a reef tank is so hard. BRS is just rehashing the same things over and over. Ever notice how they never show you how to do anything? They talk about it afterwards. This is the issue with all of the YouTube personalities. They show their success and talk about their mistakes. I would rather have them talk about their success and show the mistakes.

kutcha

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think a how to series would be amazing start from the bottom up on a brand new setup. you could start with the proper way to plumb and can add caveats for making outlets on the return line for reactors and what not.

Back