Intestinal Parasite?

Adriifu

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello! I purchased two new clownfish about three days ago. They’re currently being quarantined. No signs of any external issues, however I am seeing white, stringy poop. Then again, I’m also seeing what looks like normal feces at the bottom of the tank. They eat well; I’ve been feeding them mysis and Hikari herbivore pellets. I normally medicate when quarantining for parasites with Prazipro right away, so that’s the only medication in the water at the moment. I don’t know whether this is an intestinal parasite for sure because of the feces I’m seeing at the bottom of the tank. If it is, will the Prazipro do anything to help? Thank you.

Frtdrmrose7

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would mix preferably GC with Focus or metro with focus. Feed this for 14 days and this should eliminate the possibility of internal parasites. You can feed medicated food with the Prazi in the water without any negative effects.

OP
OP
A

Adriifu

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would mix preferably GC with Focus or metro with focus. Feed this for 14 days and this should eliminate the possibility of internal parasites. You can feed medicated food with the Prazi in the water without any negative effects.
Thank you. I have Metro, but no focus. It binds the medication to the food, correct? Is there any alternative to it?

rkpetersen

walked the sand with the crustaceans
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you. I have Metro, but no focus. It binds the medication to the food, correct? Is there any alternative to it?

People have tried various ad hoc binding agents; I think I remember someone using corn starch?
I'd spring for the Focus, though. You want the medication to stay with the food even if it floats around for 30 seconds.

Frtdrmrose7

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I would get the focus on amazon if your LFS doesn’t stock it

OP
OP
A

Adriifu

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, I’ve been feeding them medicated food starting today. The male doesn’t seem to eat nearly as much as the female. She kind of takes over during feeding time and he backs off. I’ve got some pictures of the waste. Some of it is an off-white color and the rest is brown. You can see a lot on the skull decoration.

image.jpg image.jpg

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 23 41.8%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 12 21.8%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 19 34.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.8%
Back